목소리

{ unedited :((( so sry }

Silence. For a few moments the only things you could here were the raindrops and the clock ticking. It took you off guard which he noticed too. He seemed very tense and for these few moments you couldn't close your mouth. You were simply too shocked.

Your heartbeat got quicker. It was pumping so fast you were scared it would pump out of your chest. Your arms were itchy, just as usual when you were nervously embarrassed.

Now that you actually got this far, you couldn't simply give up on that.
Taehyung was sitting on the couch looking at you with these unfamiliar dark eyes.

"Why?", were all the words you managed to say.

Taehyung rolled his head back, facing the roof.

"I want to be alone.", his low voice responded, sounding as raspy as usual when he's tired.

Did he really? It didn't sound like it but still he was saying it.
Suddenly you felt bad. Not only had you broken into his apartment, you had also just made him break up with his girlfriend.

But there was one thing disturbing you. If you left him now, you would make the same mistake again, no communication. No matter how he felt right now, you had to talk about what their breakup meant for the two of you and how your future was going to look like.

Being convinced by that thought you joined him on the couch and let yourself fall right next to him.
Somehow Taehyung didn't seem to be too surprised by you not listening to his instructions.

"We should talk.", you sat there facing him.

His face was still facing the roof but when you had finished your sentence his head slowly rolled over to face yours.

"I'm too tired.", he mumbled.

Now you noticed the bags under his eyes again which were seeking for sleep. Taehyung was extremely tired and you had to understand.

"Okay then.", you stood up and were ready to leave.

Suddenly you heard him getting up too. Quickly he grabbed your wrist.
He was standing there looking at your wrist before saying something.

"But I would be even more of an asshole if I let you leave at this time. Stay here for the night.", he looked down onto the floor while shaking his head.

It seemed as if he had noticed that what he just had said was a mistake.
His grip was tight, however you managed to get out of it. Maybe you were naive, but you were a bit angry on him for sending you away in the first place. Now after it seemed that you two had finally reached the happy end, you obviously still didn't.

"No Taehyung it's alright, I don't want to disturb you anymore.", you went over to the door and before he could stop you, you were already running down the stairs.

Tears were streaming down your cheeks as you were walking to the subway station. It was still raining and you regretted everything. Coming here, not taking an umbrella with you. But also leaving him now, again simply giving up. But you felt humiliated. How could he dare just sending you away? In the middle of the night? Even though he had changed his opinion and wanted you to stay it didn't count. The words "you should go home" counted.