Chapter 14

Theodore's P.O.V.

We were all sitting around in the living room, enjoying a late lunch when there came a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that could be." Dariela stood and went to answer the door.

A moment later she returned and said that there was someone at the door for me. Knowing who it was, I stood up and calmly strolled towards the door.

Javier, one of the crewmen, was standing nervously at the entrance hall fumbling with his hat in his hands. He was one of the more quiet members of my crew. He was rarely seen, even less heard of.

"What can I do for you Javier?" I asked.

"I jus' wanted t' come 'n hear wha' th' plans fer tonight were, Cap'n. Some o' th' crew were gettin' antsy so I volunteered t' come." Javier said.

"We'll be spending the night here I'm afraid Javier, but have the men know that we'll be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning - I don't want to stay for too long."

"Aye aye Cap'n." He said with a nod.

"Is that all?" I asked after noticing he was hesitant at leaving.

"Well, Cap'n..."

If I looked down the hall I could see Danny in the living room... She was sitting next to Ariela, talking quite animatedly with her hands and laughing with her head rolled back. She looked so perfect in that moment. She had a bright smile on her face and her eyes were twinkling with joy and as always, mystery. To me she was the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on and I wouldn't mind sounding like a lovesick puppy while saying so. The air around her held such a different fragrance that I simply just couldn't keep away from her. She was a rare gem, my rare gem.

"... Cap'n?"

"Sorry?" I asked, snapping out of my daydream.

Javier peeked down the hall and seemed to realize what had been running through my head, "Aah... I'll be off then, Cap'n." He said and left.

I shook my head and tried clearing my thoughts before returning to the living room and taking my seat next to Danny.

"Who was that?" Danny asked me. She bent down and greedily snatched up the last chocolate chip cookie. She obviously had a strong liking for chocolate chip cookies... she's just so adorable.

"Javier." I merely stated.

"Oh yeah, I totally know who that is." She commented while taking a bite out of the biscuit.

The way she spoke always made me laugh and question it at the same time. It was so unique and it sounded so foreign yet familiar at the same time.

"He's one of the crewmen." I said in between chuckles.

"How do you expect me to know all your crew's names if there are so many and I've barely met them?" She said with a 'humph' and took another bite of her biscuit in anger.

A few crumbs stuck to her lips and I couldn't help but notice, "Uhm, Danny?"

"Yes."

"You have some... uh... crumbs on your face." I said laughing with my eyes locked onto her adorable crumb covered mouth.

"Where?" She exclaimed, her hands flying to her face.

"On... your mouth." I said, struggling to stop laughing. Her fingers swiped at her lips but she missed completely.

"Is it gone?" She asked.

"No, not in the slightest." I answered with glee.

She swiped at her lips once more and missed again. I tried pointing for her to maybe help but that only led to more of a struggle and I couldn't stop laughing at the situation.