CHAPTER 18

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"So you divide it and then find the value of x. Clear?" Miss Conner looked at us after writing the steps on the blackboard. The whole class chorused a 'yes' except me, of course because I am left with negligible energy and Maths is not something that I am using it for.

My phone lights up, grabbing my attention and breaking my line of thoughts. I open it to see a message from Smith and a smile automatically makes it way on my face as I read it.

Smith: Thank you so much, V. You are amazing!

Me: Took you long enough to realize ;)

I lock my cell after that and try to catch up with every step of the solution​ put up on the board. But my attempt to cope with Maths is interrupted by the bell, much to my relief.

I walk out of the class and find Jasmine already waiting for me in the locker rooms.

"Hey!" I say, grabbing her attention which was in a romance novel. She must have gotten a free lecture, I assume.

"Hello! I grabbed a sandwich for ya." She says, handling me the tiffin.

"Thanks jazz! By the way, do me a favor please?" I say in a pleading tone.

"What is it?" She asks.

"I have to go to Sam's place for my car. Can you drop me at his place and then take my mom's car back?" I ask her.

"Alright!" She instantly agrees.

"Thanks girl!" I pat her back in gratitude.

"Yeah welcome. By the way, what happened to that Gabrielle Mayer?" She asks.

"I have dinner with her today." I say , nervously.

First meetings have never been my thing. I am not with setting good impressions and moreover she belonging to an elite group makes my nerves wreck with worry.

"About time you meet that lady. Chill though. You will be good, trust me." She assures me.

"I hope so." I say and we part ways.

_________________________

"Violet, please pinch me. Tell me that I am dreaming." Jasmine says this dialogue for the umpteenth time in the last 10 minutes.

We just arrived at Sam's place and pulled up the car and I have been bearing this drama of hers eversince.
I sigh in frustration, signalling her to stop because now even my eyes are tired of rolling at her melodrama.

"Damn! He is filthy rich. Who knew?" She awes at the sight of the palace.

"Jasmine! Just get your butt back inside the car and leave. Thanks for the ride." I say and push her inside the car. I slam the door once she settles herself which earns me a glare.

I dust off my pants in a meek attempt to look presentable enough for such grandeur. I walk up the front porch and ring the door bell. It opens almost instantly and I find a smiling Amelia.

"Wonderful to see you again." She says, guiding me inside the drawing room.

"The feeling is mutual." I smile at her.

"So sweetie, what brings you here? Don't tell me that you are preparing dinner." She says in a playful tone making me chuckle at it.

"I am not here for that, Amy. I hope you don't mind the new name." I say.

"Of course not! It is a nice name." She beams at me.

This lady is really jolly, I tell you.

"Well to answer the question, I am here to get my car. I left it here the last time as Sam dropped me to school." I say.