Chapter Thirty Eight

"What's it like?"

Judith lifted her head up from the table. After the Aurors had cleared out, following Harry and Kingsley, Judith had been left alone in the room, or so she thought.

She saw one of the Aurors standing in the doorway.

"What?"

"What's it like? Seeing...spirits and all?"

"Um...I guess...it has it's perks." she shrugged.

"Oh is that all I am to you? A perk?" Fred scoffed from where he sat in one of the chairs trying to focus his attention to make it move.

"And then it of course has it's downsides as well." she muttered.

Fred stopped trying to scoot the chair and gave her a look.

"Well then."

She smiled. "But the whole experience...is more rewarding than not." she told the Auror.

"Can you contact any spirit?" the man continued to question her.

"I...I can't seek out a spirit yet. I don't know how to. But I'll learn one day...maybe."

The Auror jumped as one of the chairs scooted forward by a mere inch.

'Did that-"

Judith stared at Fred who continued to grin like a child.

"Judith, I'm moving stuff!"

"Yes, Fred. I can see that." she laughed. "We all can."

Fred turned his attention towards the doorway to see the Auror standing there with a frightened gleam in his eyes.

"Hey Judith...watch this..."

"Fred please-"

She sighed as Fred began to scoot the chair slowly, but surely towards the doorway. Each time the chair moved, the Auror moved back a step.

"This is great!" Fred laughed.

"I don't think he feels the same."

The room fell silent and the chair stopped moving as the Auror finally stopped back away. He remained still as if waiting for something to happen. Suddenly, the chair scooted quite far and the Auror ran off.

Fred continued laughing happily in his chair while Judith hid her smile behind her hand. 

George walked in returning with a glass of water in hand for Judith.

"Why was that guy running?"

"Because your brother thinks it's funny to haunt people."

"What did he do?" George asked looking around.

"Just watch." she said pointing in Fred's direction.

George waited and suddenly the chair scooted forward startling him.

"Whoa, Fred's really getting the hang of this."

"He's motivated." Judith said. "He's having far too much fun with it."

"What else can you do, Freddie?" George called out.

Fred looked at his brother and then to Judith. "Can you believe this? Is this not good enough?"

Judith gave him a look warning to be nice.

Fred sighed. "Unbelievable, it's never enough, Georgie. Honestly..."

"Is he saying something?" George asked Judith.

"Yes, but be thankful that you can't hear him right now. He's being rather sassy."

"Oh..." George's face fell, " sorry Freddie."

Judith glared at Fred, who frowned in the direction of his brother.

"Great, now I'm the bad person." Fred said standing up. He glanced down at the table before him and looked around for something he would try to manipulate to cheer his brother up.

His eyes fell on a quill left on a table. He tried over and over to pick it up, several times he moved it away from him, but he wasn't able to pick it up.

"Fred, don't.." Judith whispered to him seeing the frustration develop on the man's features.

"No, I can do this!"

He continued to work on picking it up while George looked on confused.

Finally after several minutes of the three of them waiting in pure silence, the quill was picked up. Judith and George watched completely wide eyed with bright smiles, but their smiles were no where near in comparison to Fred's wild grin.

"This is incredible." Judith breathed.

"Yes, I am incredible, aren't I?" Fred said proudly after the quill had dropped to the table.

When Harry gave Judith and George to good to go, George escorted her back to the Burrow, along with Fred. George claimed he just had to go check on the shop to see if everything was running smoothly and if his worker Verity needed any help.

Leaving Judith behind with the Weasley family.

Fred had Judith gather the family members that were around and seat them at the table.

"Um...I know this is going to sound weird, but Fred wants to share something with all of you."

"What is it?!" Molly asked with a worried expression clutching onto her husband's arm. Arthur whimpered and patted Molly's hand, praying she would lighten her grip in a few moments.

"It's nothing bad." Judith said sitting down. "He's just been working really hard on it and well...I guess he wants to share it with you all."

Ginny sat down beside Judith waiting patiently.

"Don't break anything, Fred." Judith told him.

"I wasn't going to!"

Fred's focus on was the quill that Judith had placed onto the table for him as requested. The family sat around as Fred was actually sitting on the table trying to pick it up.

Judith only wished the family could see what she did, because they would never be sad, they would only be laughing.

Molly squeaked as the quill moved several times while Arthur and Ginny were leaning on the table watching closely.

"This bloody quill won't cooperate with me!" Fred huffed.

"Take your time, Fred." Judith encouraged him. "Take a deep br-"

Fred peered over at her.

"Right...sorry."

She cleared her throat and waited when finally Fred picked up the quill.

While he could only hold it for a few seconds before dropping it, it was enough to send the Weasley family into hysterics.