Flesh and Stone (pt 1)

When I opened my eyes again, there was a throbbing in my head. I looked around to see everyone was crouched down, recovering from whatever happened after the jump, except for the Doctor. "Up! Look up!" He instructed us, but I had no idea why, too busy trying to snap out of my daze.

"You okay?" River asked Amy and I.

I nodded and stood, looking up, realizing that it looked like everything had flipped, like gravity went backwards... and now I understood how a gravity globe worked.

Amy winced and held a hand to her head. "What happened?"

"We jumped," River stated, helping the rest of the team recover.

"Jumped where?"

The Doctor was moving around now, still rambling. "Up, up! Look up!"

"Well, basically, I think we jumped... up," I tried, observing my surroundings, trying to piece everything I knew about physics and gravity together in my head.

Amy furrowed her brows. "No we didn't."

The Doctor moved Amy a little out of the way as he knelt down and began using his sonic on an indent in the floor. "Move your feet."

Amy didn't really mind and kept scanning the area confusedly. "Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain."

I kept looking up and jumping in place, still not completely getting it. "Oh my god, physics is broken."

The Doctor stood up between Amy and I. "Nope, not broken, just artificial. The ship crashed with the artificial gravity still on. One good jump," he jumped himself as if in demonstration, "and up we fell. Shot out the grav-globe to give us an updraft, and here we are!"

The Doctor went back to using his sonic on the floor, and I followed him, crouching across from him. "So does the... grav globe, act like a, centrifugal force?"

"No, it's−" he paused and looked up at me, "Yes actually. How did you know that?"

I smiled, looking down at the circular door he just opened with his sonic. "It's like what they're trying to do in space. I keep telling them," I swung my legs over and fell into the ship door, landing upright on my feet, even though it didn't look that way from the top, smiling to myself in excitement. "Newtonian mechanics."

I looked around in the corridor as the Doctor jumped in behind me, and Amy and River peered over the hole. "Doctor!" Amy called, while River called for me instead.

"It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you-- don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move!" The Doctor used his sonic on a keypad to the side as one by one everyone piled into the corridor.

"Okay, men, go, go, go!" Octavian ordered, catching up to the Doctor. "The Angels, presumably they can jump up too?"

When everyone was inside, the door closed, and the Doctor removed his sonic from the keypad. "They're here. Now. In the dark, we're finished. Run!"

He ran for a large door behind him, but that one closed too, blocking our only escape. Lights were flickering, alarms were blaring, and tension was high. "This whole place is a death trap," Octavian yelled, but it sounded more like an observation than a complaint.

The Doctor turned his back to the escape door, all of us surrounding him as he tried to think of a way out. "No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic," A clattering was heard through the door we entered from, which we all knew to be the angels trying to get in. The Doctor's eyes widened at the sound. "Oh, just me then. What's through there?"