one hundered and seventeen

Harry. 

My mum goes to grab the collar of the irate labrador but he dodges her, running skittishly out of the kitchen, claws tapping frantically on the tiles and in the hallway, but atleast he's hushed for a while. 

"Harry, sit down.. is it Flora? is she okay?" She asks, calm tone of voice making me feel a bit better. I have no idea what to say to her, she doesn't know what Edward's done, and it'll break her heart to find out. 

"It is Flora.. she's missing, I had to go into the office for a few hours and I thought she would just stay still and relax and when I got back she was gone mum! None of her other stuff was though, her keys and phone and hospital bag were still there, she was just gone" I say. My mum looks at me, brow furrowing in concern. 

"Perhaps she just went for a walk to try and get things moving, Harry stop fretting, that doesn't explain why you're here.." She says, her eyes flicking to Molly again. But she has never been one to pre judge and not hear me out. 

"Well you remember Molly?" I say, looking over my shoulder at a nervous looking Molly. My mum nods. 

"The baby.. that I uh, we thought was mine, which was actually Edward's, Edward's son, Finley well he's gone missing too, Edward picked him up from school without Molly's permission and I know it's a lot to take in mum but Edward has been harassing Flora for months.. since before the pregnancy, since before I bought him home and we think that he has Flo and Finley somewhere and I'm so scared mum she's about to go into labour, she could die.. the twins could die.." I say getting to my feet, worried about losing a minute in the search for her. 

"Harry, love it's okay, we'll find them both, the twins will get here safely" My mum places her hands on my shoulders soothingly, and bless her she doesn't question a thing about Molly's presence or Edward's secret son or about his actions towards Flora. 

"Have you seen him?" I ask as the dog comes running back in from the hall with a swift bark, then runs away again. I watch the door as  his silky black tail dissapears. 

"No love, not today I'm afraid, have you been to his house?" She asks. 

"I nod" The dog returns, standing by the door with a few barks, as I look over he runs back into the hall again. 

"I'm going to go see what's wrong with him, you stay here and just try stay calm, I'll call your dad we'll go and look, I'll try calling Edward, one second" She says. Following the crazy dog into the small corridor that only houses a door to the garden, the door and steps to the basement and the utility room. 

"He's trying to get in the basement" My mum calls, her voice echoing down the hallway, I frown, getting up, I guess this isnt the weirdest thing to happen today. I shrug and hear the click or the basement door opening. I get up, curious to see what the hell Archie wants, it's probably just another squirrel down there like last time. 

My mother yelps in surprise, causing me to take the steps two at a time. 

"Oh my god" I hear her as she dissapears around the door. 

"Harry!" She calls urgently. I round the corner to see my mum, having dropped down onto her knees next to Flora, who is curled up back against the wall. A young boy sits by her side, he looks at me in confusion. I guess I do look I must look a lot like his dad.

"Oh my god! Flo!" I drop down onto my knees too, taking her hand, which  sweating profusely. 

"Oh my god what's happening, are you in labour?" I ask, my one track mind shoving everything about Edward and my nephew and this appalling situation into a different part of my brain. 

"I think so, it hurts so much Harry, and Edward came and he made me leave and he locked us down here, I was so scared" She sobs, a stream of tears soaking her flushed cheeks, as she heaves in a breath, I reach forward,enveloping her in a hug, her head against my chest. 

"Baby don't cry, it's alright, please you're safe now" I place a palm on her back soothingly, desperate to just hold her a bit before the rush. I hear a brief cry of 'MUMMY' in behind me as Molly must have emerged into the basement. 

"Come on, we're calling the hospital" My mum says imperatively, ordering us calmly. I kiss the top of Flora's head a few times, so grateful to have found her when we did. 

The dog sniffs ever excitedly around the basement, territory he hasn't had the chance to explore. I whistle once, and he comes bounding over. 

"Good dog Archie, good boy, I'm gonna get you a bone" I cup his silky ears, quickly. 

"How long has it been Flora, since the pain started?" My mum asks. 

"Like an hour, maybe two.." She says breathlessly. 

"Lets get you out of this awful basement somewhere comfortable and find out what to do next, alright honey?" She says, looking Flora reassuringly in the eyes. Flora nods, I scoop and arm under her shoulders to help her up, taking most of her weight as the odd procession leaves the basement, Finley and Molly first, the small boy chasing after the dog, who has found all of this way to Exciting, then my mum and me, one arm around Flora's waist, helping her take the stairs extremely carefully, her nails digging into my side. 

What I'm not prepared for is Edward, standing by the kitchen table, car keys in hand, with the face of a man who just got busted.