Chapter 8: Violence is never the answer but pranks are.

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

My sneakers squeaked against the marble floor as I walked through the hall and into my living room. I was soaked head to toe with soap and water. I held onto my furniture for support as I almost slipped. Behind me Alex let out a low chuckle.

“This is entirely your fault.” I muttered. Alex scoffed, his shoes making a slosh sound with every step, he was almost as soaked as I was.

“Please,” He scoffed. “How is this my fault? You’re the one who slipped.” He shot back. I rolled my eyes turning all too quickly to face him. Losing my balance as my sneakers slipped. I reached out to the side table trying to save myself but only succeeded in bring down a vase with me. I landed on my back with a small thud, the vase smashing to the floor. I sighed.

“Fuck stupid waxed floors.” I muttered along with a colorful stream of curse words.  Alex doubled over with laughter.

“That was priceless. I wish I had recorded that.” He breathed trying to catch his breath tears rolling down his cheeks as he grabbed onto the table for support. Oh yeah, I thought angrily at the table, support him but not your damn owner.  Wow, I’m losing it, talking to an inanimate object.  

“Well this isn’t exactly the way I’d imagined making you cry would be like.” I said sitting up.

“Oh yeah, I bet your dying to make me cry,” he took a pause to look me straight in the eyes with the most serious face he could pull he said, “Out in pleasure.”  Instantly he was doubled over in laughter again as my face heated up. 

“I hate you.” I said trying to stand up only to slip again except this time I grabbed onto the helm of Alex’s shirt dragging him down with me. A seemingly good idea turned into a nightmare as I lay motionless under Alex.

“I knew you wanted me but damn, I never thought you were this desperate.” He whispered, only causing my face to heat up more. I hit his chest trying to get him off me.

“Get off you jerk.” I hissed pushing at his chest.  But he didn’t move an inch.

“I’m quite comfy in this position.” He said laying his head down my chest.

“What the hell! Get off! You weigh like two hundred pounds!” I squirmed.  Suddenly an idea popped into my head. God he is going to hate me for this, I thought biting my lip. Screw it. I angled my knee perfectly between his legs and with one swift motion. Bam! Alex recoiled in pain and I took the opportunity to squirm from underneath him. Once on my feet I gave a quick glance at Alex who was clutching his family jewels like his life depended on it.

“This is more like it.” I grinned leaning down to wipe a tear that had escaped from his shining blue eyes, eyes that where shining with hatred and pure unadulterated evil.  I quickly made a run for it as he started trying to get up.

“Karma is a bitch, you’ll see. This isn’t the end of this.” Alex yelled as I cautiously ran up the stairs. Once in my room I locked the door and leaned back against it, my body running with adrenaline. I just kneed Alexander Clarke in the balls, what the hell have I gotten myself into?

“You can run but you can’t hide forever. I’ll see you at school tomorrow princess.” Alex said outside my door giving it one last bang, before heading back down the stairs and out the front door. Safe. For now.

***

I walked down the hallways cautiously, completely aware of my surroundings. I had a black hoodie on with the hood covering my face, hoping I looked like just another stoned kid walking aimlessly through the hallway.