Chapter 4: To Be Wed

Two months later.....

August......

Time had flown by really quickly. Maria had to call me a few time about my shoes and dress size. She was buying my wedding dress. I was told that it would be a small private wedding. Our grandparents were going to be our witness.

I had been packing my things into boxes for the past two weeks. My books had to be put in boxes. My clothes had to be folded and fit into boxes. Everything had to been put into boxes and labeled with my name. They would be sent to New York City.

Also, while I was packing my things, I had to make a phone call to my boss Linda Rosario at the cafe. I didn't tell her the reason. She was very sad that I was quitting but, she told me that I could use her as a reference for jobs in the future. I was grateful for working with her.

Last week, I had turned eighteen. I invited Pietro and Maria to my birthday. Maria tried to get Adrian but, he was busy with work. He had important meetings to attend. I didn't mind. I was happy to spend more time with Pietro and Maria. Plus, Maria wanted to discuss the wedding with me. Maria had everything set up for me. I had to show up on my wedding day.

Today, I was getting married to Adrian. at a Catholic church in San Francisco that the Minettis attend since they arrived in the United States. I had spent the morning hours getting ready for the wedding. Maria had helped me with the make up. I had to say that I didn't look like a teenager. My grandmother fixed my hair.

"Let's get your veil on you shall we."

My grandmother walked to the table with my wedding stuff. Maria helped me with my wedding dress. I had to say that the dress was very beautiful. The dress touched the ground. When I walked around the room, the dress trailed behind me. The top half had an off the shoulder neckline that showed off my shoulder and neckline. The dressed hugged my body perfectly showing off my curves.

Wow. Maria managed to find a dress that fit me perfectly.

While Maria helped me with my dress, my grandmother came to me with the veil. "Let me put this on you," she said to me. Carefully, she placed the veil on my head and made sure that the veil was secured. I had my hair down. Through the veil, I could see the tears forming in her eyes. I gave her a small smile.

"Don't cry grandma," I said to her. I reached over to her hand and gave it a squeeze. A tear slowly made it's way down her cheek. Maria came over to us and gave my grandmother a tissue. "Thank you," my grandmother said to her and dabbed her face so that her make up wasn't ruined.

Maria handed me my bouquet. The bouquet was very beautiful. "I hope you like the flowers," she said to me. "I do," I said to her. She gave me a big smile. As I looked closer at the bouquet, I noticed something.

She used flowers that had very deep meanings. White Lilly meant purity, chastity, and innocence. Aster symbolized love, daintiness, and trusting. Red carnation meant deep romantic love and passion. Purple tulip meant forever love.

She really wants us to fall for each other huh.....

Knock...Knock....

I heard the door knock and turned around to see the door creak open to reveal a lady who I didn't recognize. "It's time," she said to us. Nervousness started to spread through my body. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down.