A Promising Visitation

Bucky pulled his jacket over his shoulders and stood up. He grabbed Marlena's iPhone off of the bedside table and sighed, studying it before throwing it into his jacket pocket. He was worried about Mason and Miranda, and he had been for the past two days. Had he known what Marlena's password was, he would've made it a point to try and contact Miranda, but he didn't—he didn't even know Miranda's phone number. Miranda hadn't even thought to call Marlena's phone either. He assumed it was because she believed it was lost, broken, or that Hydra had taken it from her. The lack of contact only made him worry, though. He needed to know if they were okay and safe, and that was exactly what he was about to find out.

He grabbed Marlena's car keys off of the bedside table and headed out of the guest room and into the kitchen. Natasha, Steve, and Sam sat at the dining room table, and they looked up when he entered the room. Natasha eyed the keys in his hands and narrowed her eyes at him, slightly curious as to where he could possibly be going.

"Where ya' headed, big guy?" Natasha asked.

"To Marlena's house," he answered. "I have something I need to take care of."

Steve raised a brow. "What's there that you could possibly need to take care of?"

"Her brother and her mom," he sighed, "I need to know that they're both okay before I continue with this mission."

Bucky's mind had shifted towards the remaining members of the Claire family. He found himself not being able to focus on anything but them (aside from Marlena, of course). He knew he would not be able to continue with his mission to find Marlena unless he was sure they were okay and that they would be until he returned with her.

"Oh," Steve perked up. "Do you want someone to drive you? You know you don't have a license, right?"

Bucky shook his head. "I know, but it's okay. If I get pulled over, maybe the police will turn me over to Hydra and I can find Marlena."

Steve frowned at the sound of his words, but Bucky quickly reassured him that he was only kidding before bidding the three of them a goodbye and heading out the door. He started the Jeep immediately, and before long he was taking off down the street.

It took Bucky about ten minutes to finally reach Marlena's house. He noticed Miranda's car sitting in the driveway, so he pulled in, parking the Jeep beside her car.

He assumed her reasoning for not being at work had to do with Marlena being gone, as she didn't have very many days off, but Bucky was glad to see that she was home nonetheless. It would make the visitation process a whole lot easier. He didn't exactly want to show up at her place of work to chat with her, especially since he had no clue where her place of work was. All he knew was that she was a neurosurgeon, and there was an abundant amount of hospitals in Washington for her to choose from. It would take him hours to find her hospital, and he didn't necessarily have time for that.

Bucky lingered by the battered front door for several seconds, debating on whether or not he should just open it or knock. After several more seconds, he let out a sigh and pushed the door open, the familiar feeling of home flowing into his body.

The house was still a mess, but it wasn't as big of a mess as it had been the day Hydra had come. All of the furniture was upright, but some things still remained on the floor, such as the television remotes and large shards of glass from what Bucky assumed to be from one of the table lamps.