Hybrid

I'M SORRY

Liam and Mason knocked on the door 10 minutes later.

"Surprise!" They yelled, throwing their hands up and grinning.

"Get in." Derek growled, shoving them inside.

"Is it just me or do they not seem very surprised?" Mason whisper-shouted to Liam as they walked past the worried eyes of the pack.

Liam's head jerked up and he stared at Stiles as they got closer. His eyes glowed golden.

"Yes Hi Liam, vampy Stiles is back." Stiles rolled his eyes and Derek moved closer to him, his chest pressed against his shoulder. Stiles involuntarily leant into him.

"H-how...?"

"We don't have time for this." Lydia pushed past Kira and Malia and placed her hands on Liam's shoulders. She wouldn't look Mason in they eye. "Someone explain to this boy what's going on. We need to go to the Hospital."

"Why?"

"Because that's where they'll be." She placed her hands on her hips. "That's where Lance and Donovan will be waiting for us. And then we can kill them."

***

The pack, (Stiles, Derek, Scott, Lydia, Kira, Malia, Isaac, Liam and Mason), were in. They had got into the hospital, where Lydia had told them to go, and were sticking together. Or at least trying to.

Lydia, as Stiles noticed, looked very off.

"What's wrong?"

"What?" Lydia whispered, trying not to be heard by prying wolf ears. "I'm fine."

"Don't lie Lyds, there's no point."

Lydia sighed, rubbing her cheeks. "It's Mason." She muttered in his ear. "I saw..."

Stiles turned pale. If Lydia had seen Mason... well it wasn't good. Liam wasn't the only one with something to look out for. He held her hand tightly, partly to comfort her but partly, as Derek noticed, to steady himself, as he looked like he was about to collapse. "We'll figure it out."

Derek was the only wolf to hear this conversation between Vampire and Banshee, and he felt a pang of sadness at the thought of the boy dying. Mason was still only a freshman, just starting his life properly, and he was already in the banshee prediction. He was caught up in this wolf mess and it was going to get him killed.

Derek hadn't noticed that the pack had disappeared. Mason stopped in front of him, suddenly confused.

"Where'd they go?"

Lydia grabbed Stiles' arm. "We need to find them."

Stiles was looking pale, paler than a vampire usually was.

"Babe you ok?" Stiles nodded at him, a slight smile, but then collapsed into Derek's arms.

"Vervain." He choked out pointing at a tiny vent in the wall.

"Shit." Derek gathered Stiles up in his arms but Lydia stopped him.

"I'll take him."

"Why?" Derek demanded, possessively.

Lydia glared at Derek and flicked her eyes to Mason, who was sealing the vent with his jacket. Stiles nodded, his head fuzzy, and leant on Lydia.

Derek realised what they meant. He was the most likely one to be able to save Mason if it came to it. Although it pained Derek not to be the one holding Stiles, he agreed that it was best.

"Didn't like that jacket much anyway." Mason smiled as he came back to us. "We should probably find the others."

***

"Scott." Malia stopped her alpha, ears listening intently to the silence. "They're gone."

Scott whirled around to see what she meant. "Oh shit... Liam, stay close to me."

Liam, who was still wrapping his head round the fact that Stiles was a vampire again, plodded slowly to Scott (his dad's) side.

Suddenly, as they passed through a door, Liam was yanked away.

"What a clever banshee you have." Lance drawled as he shoved a bleeding wrist into Liam's mouth. Scott pounded on the glass door.

"Liam!"

"Can't save your beta now, can you Scott?" Lance shoved Liam's face on the sealed glass door. A twinkle of hope remained in his eyes.

Liam threw the vampire off him and into the wall, only to be caught down by a sharp tug on his shoulders and a twist of his neck.

A sickening crack found the pack's ears, and Liam dropped to the floor.

"LIAM!"

***

Lydia's scream was just as loud as Scott's. She sent Stiles tumbling to the ground as she screamed, a force pushing the three men backwards and into the wall.

"Liam! It's... Oh god." She sobbed when she had stopped. Stiles dragged himself over to her and put his arms around her.

"He'll be ok. We know he'll be ok."

Derek's eyes were focused on them and he helped them both up.

"Liam will live." He tried to reassure Lydia. Stiles rolled his eyes at his attempt to comfort her.

"Liam might." A voice drawled. Mason scrambled back from the man (Donovan), only to be grabbed by the throat. "But this one won't."

A hand reached into the boys chest, grabbing at his heart, before ripping it out of his chest. Mason's eyes dulled, and he fell to the floor in a pool of blood.

Donovan chucked his heart at Lydia's feet.

***

I'm sorry please don't kill me! :3

I thought I'd update a day early because I got 70k!! Thanks so much it means a lot!

I remember how happy I got when I got like one comment and now I'm at 70k, that's amazing, thank you guys.

Please comment and vote!