Chapter Five

This chapter is dedicated to gdenplnty and sweet_cara thanks for being the first to comment.

*Dani* 🔺Soldier[left] & Ranger[right](they're blue heelers)

  "Mom," I yelled when I walked into the house. "You here?"

  "In the back," I heard her yell and I headed to the den.

  "Hi mom," I said hugging her. "How was his check up?"

  "Fine," Mom chuckled. "He's got all his shots, and the cast just needs to stay on for a few more weeks."

  "Alright," I said a picked Ranger up. "I still can't believe someone ran him over."

  "You headed to your house?" Mom asked just as Soldier stumbles into the room.

  "Yeah," I sighed. "I got kicked out of the bookstore for a month. Did you hear Gina got engaged?"

  "Yes, I'm happy for her." Mom laughs, "Although its a good thing they ar..."

  "MOM!" Rebecca yelled running into the room almost hitting the wall. "MOMMY, GUESS WHAT? Oh, hi Dani."

  "What is it honey?" Mom asked.

  "Brice is taking me on a surprise trip," Becca yelled excitedly jumping up and down. "Oh, I need to go pack. Eeeek I'm so excited."

  "And that's my cue to leave," I giggled picking Ranger up. "Thanks for watching him. Bye."

  "Dani," Mom said and I quickly walking out of the house just as a classic car pulled up.

  "Guess I get to meet Becca's boyfriend." I smiled setting Ranger in the seat of my truck.

  "Grr," I looked down just as Soldier ran towards the man.

  "SOLDIER!" I yelled trying not to laugh at the guys shocked expression. "Get back here you crazy pup."

  "Soldier?" the man said looking at me.

  "Bad puppy," I scolded. "Yeah, sorry about that he's never done that before."

  "That's fine," he laughed rubbing Soldiers ear. "What's the other one's name?"

  "Ranger," I smiled. "Let me guess your Becca's boyfriend."

  "Yeah," I chuckled awkwardly. "You are?"

  "The older sister," I said. "She's really excited, she almost ran into the wall when she told mom."

  "That's how I meet her, running into a glass door." The man laughed,"Name's Brice and you look really familiar."

  "Uh ok, I'm Dani." I said shaking his hand, "I should go before Travis shows up. He'll probably try to get me to stay here."

  "You call your dad by his name?" Brice questioned.

  "He's my step-dad," I said putting Soldier in my truck. "I go back and forth between my parents. Nice to meet you."

  "Same here," he laughed. "Hope to see you again soon."

---

  "Home sweet home," I smiled glancing beside me at my sleeping pups.

  "Hi Dani," I jumped when my Uncle Danny knocked on the window of my truck. "Oh, sorry honey."

  "Don't do that," I groaned opening the door. "What are you doing here?"

  "Travis and Zane asked me to stock the house for you," he shrugged. "Need help?"

 "Yeah," I smiled. "Can you grab my bags while I get the pups."

  "Sure thing," He said and grabbed all of my bags.

  "How's Aunt Quinn?" I asked laying the pups on the couch. "I haven't talked to her in awhile."

  "Good," Uncle Danny smiled. "As soon as I get back to the house we are going on a road trip."

  "Cool," I smiled. "I'm stuck here for the next month."

  "That's not true," Uncle Danny argued. "There's the Valentine Dance, your going to that aren't you."

  "Probably not," I shrugged as I fixed me a pot of hot chocolate. "I'll probably be here reading."

  "Honey, you need to get out more." he said hugging me, "Seriously, how many books have you already read this year?"

  "Sixty-five," I mumbled. 

  "Dear lord," He groaned. "I'm calling Justice and she is going to take you out."

  "NO!" I yelled terrified, "Don't call her. I love my cousin but she's scary when she wants to go out."

  "I agree, so don't make me." Uncle Danny says, "I have to go, talk to you later."

  "Love you," I yelled.

  "Love you too," he yelled back and I closed the door.

"Finally I can finish reading my book." I sighed grabbing a cup of hot chocolate I curl upon the couch and lost track of time until someone knocked on my door.

---

{Quote:

"Ruh Roh, Raggy Relp!" -Scooby Doo}