WT1| Making A Move - 02

"A gold digger is in itfor money, a wife is in it forever

for money, a wife is in it forever."

     I was laying in my room on the floor listening to some underground music as I read through my context books like I had no business in the world

When I was in New York, I studied at NYU for a year before switching over to online classes. I was never a big social person and college was definitely full of distractions so for my education's sake I switched. It was what I wanted to do.

In high school, however, I was a little more out there- because of Chris. In high school, I was "happy". My parents were together and in a healthy relationship without other people involved or known, my sisters were normal, and Chris was more than alive.

It was the best four years of my life but all of that ended on graduation day when my father invited his mistress to the ceremony and my mother openly confronted him. It was so embarrassing and sad.

I had only seen my father once after that and that was when he came to get his stuff off the lawn, burned up and all.

Months later, my mother was diagnosed with lupus and my sisters moved away. I started college to keep me busy and less depressed, then Chris killed himself. Life started going down hill and it was as if I had an anchor taking me down with it.

The hardest part about being sad is openly and verbally defying it by saying you're "okay" then watching those who "know you" believe it.

"Taylor, I'm going out." My sister yelled after peeking in my room. I looked from my book to her. She was wearing a red, skintight dress that stopped a little below her butt.

"You're suppose to do my hair tonight." I reminded her, rolling my eyes. She never kept her promises.

"I know, I know. I'll do it when I get back." She said with a pleading look but I knew she was lying.