enigma||her

||her||

 so far no one had showed up for the lecture yet which wasn't unusual, it would start in ten minutes and almost the majority of students would show up right in the nick of time, they wanted to squeeze in a last cup of coffee or do whatever normal university students did before a lecture.

   I say normal because I had been informed a billion times by adam that I was a enigma, which  wasn't exactly news to me,  because I 1. enjoyed early morning classes and lectures and 2 could face the morning happily without digesting atrocious amounts of caffeine. 

    adam wasn't a enigma at all, he was a thorough jock although he claimed he wasn't one "those guys" in high school and I guess I believe him to certain extent. he must not have much expirience with "those girls"  to decide he wanted to date me.

      professor columbus arrived with a red mug in one hand (proving that students weren't the only ones who indulged in the famed drink) and a folder brimming with papers tucked under his other arm.

      "hello madelyn," he greeted as he diposited his folder on the desk and set down his steaming mug accordingly.

    "carolyn," I corrected, "but close."

    he nodded sheepily, "sorry. I'm a little under the weather right now."

    he was referring to the weather right now which was less then desirable, a chilly spring shower.

   before I could say that I didn't mind, syd crane walked in. 

    you'd think that someone, especially someone as skinny  and quiet as sid, walking in to a classroom wouldn't deter me from speaking but syd always did. not because he was interesting and therefore distracting more because he always managed to accidently knock something over or trip over something.

     this morning he chose the later and tripped over a shoelace or a crack in the floor or whatever it was this time and landed flat on his face.

    "are you okay?" I asked even though I trusted he was. similar spills had happened before and sid always resurfaced unharmed.

    he muttered something incomprehensible then turned to face me. he opened his mouth as if about to say something then rethought.

     I held back a sigh, it had become part of the daily routine for me. sid would look at me, open is mouth as if to say something then shut it again still staring at me.

     "hi," I said  finally.

    "hey," he responded, his hazel eyes much more interested in the floor then the person addressing him.

      "how are you?"

      "good."

       "cool."

━━ᘠ♥ᘡ━━