Chapter 17|I look like a banana

I think this is a pretty solid chapter, I'll let you guys be the judge of that though.

Completely, totally, utterly unedited (just like every other chapter).

~*~*~*~*~

I glared at myself in the mirror. What was I doing with my life?

I yanked the dressing room door open.

"I look like a banana," I said bluntly.

"A cute banana though," Tara offered.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over the yellow frills that covered my chest.

"So yellow's not your colour, who cares. We're in a dress shop, there's plenty to choose from," Tara said, clearly trying to remove the scowl from my face.

"That's what I'm worried about," I muttered, shutting the door, and yanking the yellow monstrosity off.

We had spent the last three hours searching through every single item in the store and I hated every single moment of it.

Tara had forced me into a dressing room, claiming that I was hopeless and a disgrace to the female population. I didn't disagree with that, in fact it was pretty accurate seeing as shopping wasn't my forte. However, what I did disagree with was the mountains of lace and ruffles being thrown over my door at regular intervals. And to think I thought Tara had good taste.

I didn't want something that would attract too much attention, or so bright that it would burn everyone's eyeballs. I wanted something simple, clearly that's not what Tara had in mind.

I planted my hands on my hips as I exited the dressing room for what felt like the millionth time, and I was not impressed by this dress. Not even a little bit.

"Great, now I look like I've been dipped into a cotton candy machine. Where did you find this? Down a fucking rabbit hole?"

Tara rolled her eyes. "No need to be melodramatic, it's not that bad."

"Not that bad? Are your eyes open? I could go to prom in my birthday suit and look better than I do in this."

"Hmm, Ryan would like that," she muttered.

I narrowed my eyes. "What?"

"I didn't say anything."

That's what I thought.

"Okay, well I'm done with this," I said, gesturing to the fluffy pink material surrounding me.

I changed back into my own clothes, nearly tripping several times on the different kinds of materials that I didn't even know the names of, littering the floor.

Leaving the dressing room I sighed knowing that Tara was nowhere near done as I watched her rifle through one of the many racks.

I headed to the very back of the store, away from the rest of the shoppers. The majority of the shoppers being students from school. I halfheartedly peered at the dresses crammed onto one rack, which to be honest, I think were the rejects that nobody wanted. They were a little dusty.

I was about to give up when something caught my eye. It was shoved into a corner crowded by other garments, I wouldn't have a clue why though because it was beautiful. The top was embellished with glittery silver, creating intricate patterns which stopped at the waist, flowing down to the floor in a deep blue.

I smiled, searching for the size, which appeared to be nonexistent. Regardless to the fact that it would probably be ridiculously small, I took it anyway, locking myself in a dressing room.