Chapter 23

A/N: Quick thanks to all of you for getting my book to the 20k reads milestone! That is incredible to me, because I never believed that this would get this far or this many reads. Anyway, I'm excited for y'all to read this, because now is when I will begin picking things up and showing why things are definitely not cliche in this book. There are a lot of very big paragraphs in this chapter, but trust me, you need to read them. They are all super important. Enjoy!

**If you want an early update, 25 votes and 20 comments**

Collin's POV

Nana is driving me crazy.

She is normally one of the only people in the world who can bring me peace and happiness. She's a wonderful woman who can dazzle you with her smile and beguile you with the twinkle in her eyes.

Today is not one of those times.

All she can talk about is how wonderful Dominic is, and how handsome Dominic is, and why do I look so tired? Looking tired won't look good for my career, so I need to go check myself in a dermatologist. And while I'm at it I need to go and run because I'm starting to get a paunch. Oh, and did she mention how wonderful Dominic is?

The only good thing to come out of her mouth all evening has been about how much she loves Steph. I will never leave her just because Nana doesn't approve, but it's nice to feel my relationship accepted. She's the one who's gotten me out both of the slumps that came to my life, and she's always been there for me no matter what. It pained me so much to see her depressed when pop died, so I'll weather through her infatuation with Dominic if it means she's happy.

I wipe me face with my hand for the millionth time today when Nana gives yet another story of what Dominic did for her the other day. Just as I'm contemplating if death by the knife in the corner is worth it to get away from this, my phone rings, and I thank God. Someone up there must love me. I excuse myself to my room and I answer my phone which shows Noah as the caller. He'd gone out earlier to do God knows what.

"Hello?"

"Collin! It's me, Noah, I need your advice. Let's say, as a hypothetical absolutely unrealistic situation, that some guy wanted to ask a girl out with a grand gesture. Would it be better to just buy a huge bouquet of flowers with a card, or to rent a limo and bring a big banner with the words will you be my girlfriend on it?"

I smirk knowing that this is definitely not hypothetical.

"Noah, I think the girl would appreciate either one just as much, but I personally think the flowers is a better way to go since it's just asking her out. Oh, and by the way Noah, you could have just said you wanted to ask Amy out." I tell him. He sputters into the phone.

"W-w-what are you talking about? I told you this is a hypothetical!"

"Uh huh, I'll pretend that I believe that," I say with a smirk and hang up. I crack up at the idiocy of my best friend, but my phone ringing again stops me. I check the caller ID, and smile at the word Bambi.

"Hey baby what's up?" I ask her.

"Collin you need to get over here right now. There is a group of paparazzi outside of the house about three feet thick and I don't know what to do!"

My eyes widen, and I rush to the door after reassuring Steph that everything would be fine. I dial the number I know by heart now as put my socks and shoes on, and rush to my car with my phone next to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I need your help."

****

Stephanie's POV