WT1| Man In Disguise- 04

"What can start as innocent could always become something more

could always become something more."

          Our conversations used to be brief and subtle, but soon afterwards they were longer and less shallow

Our conversations used to be brief and subtle, but soon afterwards they were longer and less shallow. What I thought was a mere attraction blossomed into a heart throbbing crush and I hated it. He was exactly what I hoped he'd be; charming, respectful, funny, careful. He didn't agree with everything I said, including the love topic, and he wasn't too clingy. He was the first I talked to about everything, day to night, like when I got the job and when I almost failed my test. I couldn't go a minute without talking to him and it was scary.

It had its flaws, like when he disappeared from the conversation hours at a time then came back with an excuse and an apology. It made me wonder what he was really doing. I figured him telling me he was cutting hair was true but late night errands for his mom didn't fit right. I didn't question him, that wasn't my place.

I became less worried with what Terri and Calib were doing and more attached to Wyn.

He made me want more time from him. I wanted to be around him but I kept quiet. I didn't want to seem needy like Terri. I didn't want him to think I needed him around because I didn't.

So I made a plan. Fall back and make him chase. Make him realize that I don't need him.

My phone vibrated for the twelfth time this day and still I ignored it as I lay on the couch in the living room, playing with Rei. I knew it was him. He's the only one that texted me.

I didn't have friends or associates even, even working at my new job I didn't contact anyone on a level outside of work.

I didn't want this to be a relationship anymore than he did; I didn't want this to be love. I saw what it did to people so I did what I did best, I fell back. All I wanted was the friendship in a man I somehow yearned from whenever I was alone with Reiya.