CVIII - Viking Corpse

HEYO! :D So I'm sorry this one is late, but I just started new classes on Thursday and I'm in the middle of writing two other fanfics and... Well, yeah. I've just been busy. :D

Speaking of fanfics, I'M MAKING A LOKI LAUFEYSON STORY. I hope you guys go check it out, I'm really excited for it. ^_^ It's based off of a crazy dream that I had, but I swear, I'm not insane. o_o Well, not all the time.

The song for this chapter is "Friction" by Imagine Dragons. I LOOOOOOOOVE this song, and I wrote the entire fight scene while listening to it. :) The video is below, thanks to Wattpad's delightful new Multimedia thingy. :D

Enjoy. ^_^

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Eight

"There is a Jazz club in Algiers by the name of "The St. James Infirmary". Marcel has acquired it, and Josephine is fortifying it as a sanctuary against magic," Elijah said to Hayley. "Pack your things. Marcel will escort you and Hope there tonight at nine," he said, then looked to Rebekah and I. "You two will wait with me."

"What for?" Rebekah asked, confused and seeming reluctant.

"If Freya comes back, we should be here," I said, already knowing what Elijah was planning.

He nodded. "Now, whether we trust her or not, we cannot win this fight without her."

Elijah and I left the room, and it wasn't long before we were proved right.

"She's here," I said to Rebekah, hearing Freya's heartbeat and recognizing her scent in the air. We both rushed downstairs to see the wolves all walking around, and she came to the entrance way.

"I need to see Elijah," she said, flustered and nervous.

"Let her through!" Rebekah said to the werewolves guarding the door. She came behind me down the steps, and we met Freya at the bottom of them. "I'm actually glad you're here."

"Freya," Elijah called out, having heard Freya come. He came to us in the courtyard, and it was only then that I saw how emotional and shaken that Freay was.

"I saw her..." she said. "Dahlia. She intends to make her move tonight. Klaus and our father will be her next victims."

"And you have returned to warn the very people who would cast you out?" Elijah frowned anxiously, shooting Rebekah a sharp look.

Freya was now in tears. "I understand Klaus' mistrust, as I do yours, but I did not come this far to see my family die at the hands of the very evil that I've tried for so long to escape. I'm begging you, help me save them."

We stayed in silence for a moment, before Elijah spoke. "Tell us what you need."

"Dahlia will lure them into a trap," she explained. "She prefers places of darkness. She'll be drawn to any site that's been steeped in death.

Rebekah groaned, now seeming to think that all was lost. "Well, welcome to New Orleans!"

"Oh, no. I'm talking about dark power created by massacre, sacred ground that's been stained in the blood of the innocent."

It was merely a moment before we each knew exactly where Dahlia was going to be.

"She's in the church," I said.