5th | Forget-me-not

I was dancing to the radio when Felix came back to the shop from his delivery trip. I didn't notice him at first, but his laughter made his presence obvious.

"You're early." I froze at my spot, trying to keep my cool.

"Mm-hm. " Felix struggled to maintain a straight face as my eyes followed him to the working table. "You can go on, sis. I won't disturb you."

"No." I walked over to the radio. "I'm turning it off."

"Aw, but I want to see you dance..."

"Focus on your work." I gave him a glare.

"Whatever. I've observed enough of it at the wedding party yesterday." He gave me an amused grin. "I've never seen you so radiant my entire life."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What are you talking about?"

"I was the DJ, remember?" He said as he mimicked my salsa moves. "I could clearly see that you enjoyed the company of Damian on the dance floor."

"Well, of course." I crossed my arms. "I'm very fond of him as a friend."

"I'm glad we're on the same page, sis." Felix beamed. "I approve of him."

"Felix, I don't need your consent in this sort of matter."

"Oh, really?" He raised his eyebrow. "Because from what I've recalled, you were with a douchebag in your last relationship."

I sighed. "Don't call him that."

"He doesn't deserve a name." Felix glanced at the front entrance. "Oh, speaking of the devil, here he comes."

I gulped. When I turned around, I was greeted by a familiar silhouette. I watched as he stepped into the shop with a girl under his arm. My heart stung a little by this sight.

"Alice." He waved at me with a smug smile.

"Brett." I lifted my chin up and responded. "What brings you here?"

"What else?" Brett hugged the girl beside him by her waist. "I'd like to find some lovely flowers for my beautiful girlfriend."

"You just keep crawling back because Ally is the only florist in town," Felix muttered at the table behind me.

"Felix!" I hissed at my brother. "Don't be rude."

"Yeah, don't be rude to your customer." Brett snickered. "Your personality hasn't changed one bit, Felix."

"Yours neither." Felix retorted at him menacingly.

"Brett, let's not talk about Felix, shall we?" I stepped between them. "Why don't we ask what your girlfriend would like to have?"

The girl replied me immediately, "I'd like something to commemorate our one-week anniversary." Her bubbly attitude made her the exact opposite of Brett. This poor girl didn't know what she just got into. But hey, at least she was nice to me.

"What's your name?" I stared into her sapphire eyes.

She shook my hand with both of hers. "Fiona."

"Nice to meet you, Fiona! I'm Alice." I beamed at her. "Guess what? I just found the ideal set of flowers for you."

"Really?" Fiona clapped her hands with excitement.

"Come here." I dragged her hand and led her to a shelf. "See that basket of blue flowers? Those are forget-me-nots."

"They are so pretty!" Fiona gushed. "You're so observant, Alice. These will definitely match my eye colour."

"They alliterate with your name as well," I added quickly.