Chapter 26: Night Job

Play the song to the right, since half of the chapter the character is listening to it! :DDDD

I'm not going to bother putting lyrics the whole song has to do with the book XD

*********************************************************************************************************

-Unknown P.OV-

I let out a roar, losing my concentration from the ruckus below. Damn these modern humans!

The muffled noises of honks and voices from below faltered my concentration. I muttered a curse under my breath, trying to contact the individuals again. A blank screen played before my eyes, shaking into a dark alley, then to a abandoned house, then to a crime scene. Visions of future innocent civilians getting shot, strangled, kidnapped, hospitalized, and beaten, scratched along the corners of my mind.

My balance shifted, as I squatted on top of my perch. I kept, my palms straight out in front of me. Energy surged from my finger tips, spreading along the edges of the city. My eyes shut welcoming the darkness behinds my lids. The wind kicked up, sending me low hums from all directions. I concentrated on them, picking out the weakest links.

“That’s right, come to Daddy,” I whispered, a grin spreading across my face. My eyes shot open, as I pin pointed two of my favorites. Thunder cracked the barriers of the sky, welcoming my presence. I lifted the hood off of my head, slowly raising my palms to the darkened sky closing my eyes once again.

Long moments passed, making me growl under my breath. I was really hoping this would be quicker, so I can attend my own personal matters. Maybe I’m loosing my edge? I snorted, holding up Scytherella, “Can you help me out, baby?” I questioned, caressing her blade with my breath.

On cue it glowed a bright blue, savoring my famous, lingering touch.

My lips pressed against the cool surface of it, sending shocks of electricity throughout my body. I let out a low chuckle, as my night vision kicked up a notch. My next victim became clearer, calling out to me. By the strong feeling I am having, they don’t have much time left.

I watched the bright lights of Chicago, chanting softly, “Dico vobis frangitur animabus vestris tantum itinere inchoato posse. Peniculus nubibus cum clarissimis lucem et ego promitto vobis in auxilium ferri per portas.”

I call to you broken souls, for your journey has only just begun. Brush the clouds with your brightest light, and I promise to help you through the iron gates.

Moments later, a familiar blue glow illuminated the clouds, directly over my first victim. A slow grin spread along my mouth, “Sucker.”

I spun the large scythe around my fingers, until it became a smaller, jagged knife. I stuck it into the waistband of my jeans. I sighed, “You never cease to amaze me, beautiful.”

I dove off of the building, as if diving into a pool. Wind screamed at my eyes, as the cars below got bigger and bigger. When I dropped thirty stories I let my wings loose from their constraints, cutting through the air like whips. They blended into the black night, disguising me as part of the sky.

I pulled my wings wider, and then pulled them down to loosen them up.

The beautiful city below flew past me, and I just couldn’t resist. I stiffened my wings, aiming towards the ground. I weaved between office buildings, twirling just for the heck of it. The cold air caressed my face, as I arrived only a few blocks from my destination.