Chapter Forty

Judith had fallen asleep before everyone in the household, and to keep her from waking up, the Weasley family allowed her to remain on the sofa. They tiptoed around the Burrow to allow her to sleep. George sat in the kitchen with his mother, lightly drumming his fingers against the table as he was deep in thought.

"Are you alright, dear?" Molly asked her son, from where she sat across from him. "I know all of this has been a lot to take in."

After the war ended, Molly had worried about George the most when it came to the family. They were all extremely devastated by the loss of Fred, but George had taken it the hardest. Fred was his twin, his brother, his other half and losing him, George had lost a part of himself.

At times, it was tough on the entirely family because when they saw George, they saw Fred which normally caused them to become upset. George didn't blame them at all, because when he looked into the mirror, despite the missing ear, he saw his brother as well. But it pained him so much whenever someone slipped and called him Fred. When Fred had been alive, they would make jokes about everyone mixing them up. With only George remaining, it was painful reminder that he and Fred wouldn't be able to make those jokes anymore.

"I'm alright. It's just...I never would have expected this in a million years."

"I don't think anyone could have predicted such a thing happening." Molly said. "But it's almost a blessing in disguise isn't it? Sure some bad has happened because of it...but there is good that is coming from the situation. We have some sort of communication with Fred and that's a wonderful thing. Even if has broken several objects in such a short time."

George chuckled as Ginny walked in, along with Arthur and Ron. The group sat down, all of them unaware of Fred sitting on the counter watching them all.

"She's out like a light in there." Ron said.

"Well, I think it's mentally draining." George said. "To keep the channel open between her and Fred for the constant communication. Plus, she's been through a hell of a lot lately. If I were her I'd probably just keep sleeping. Any updates from Harry?"

Ron shook his head. "They can't find where her brother ran off to. They checked his known places and well..you know who's familiar spots. But nothing, not even a sign. They're sweeping his flat to see if there are any clues to his whereabouts, but I'm not sure if they are going to find anything."

"Doesn't help that Harry is a mess about the entire thing either." Ginny sighed. "Just when he thought his life was getting back on the normal side...this happens. Not that it's Judith's fault or anything but...this is definitely not what Harry needed."

"The whole world didn't need him to come back." Arthur said. "But he's figured out a way. What we need to do is help figure out a way to destroy him for good. Judith said her family isn't the only of her kind, so let's say they rid him from her brother's body. What stops him from seeking out other mediums?"

Arthur's question had raised serious concerns within a matter of seconds.

Judith found herself in a peaceful state of sleeping in pure darkness. No noise, no spirits, nothing. Her body was relaxing finally, trying to sleep away all the stress that was struggling to take over. The only thing that was keeping her from going crazy was the support of the Weasleys and Harry. George had become the most comforting person in her life with her grandparents remaining in St. Mungo's for their own safety.

Any question or thought she had, George welcomed her to tell him so that she never kept anything bottled in. She did confide a lot in him, but there were moments that she kept to herself. Thoughts of what would happen if it came down to having to kill her brother in order to free his body from being used by the Dark Lord.

Nathaniel found himself in a dark place and if he wasn't able to escape he would be trapped until someone set him free. The thought of her brother dying chilled Judith to her bones. They weren't the closest as siblings could be. She was willing to admit that, but she would never want her brother to get hurt.

She had no idea what the Dark Lord had planned for Nathaniel's life, but she was sure it wasn't anything good.

The darkness was comforting for the most part until a whispering interrupted her slumber. Judith found that the darkness was fading, as the whispering grew louder and louder.

It was a woman's voice, but it didn't belong to anyone Judith recognized, it was far too sinister.

"Judith!" another woman's voice called to her.

"Huh? Renna!?" Judith tried to look around as she heard her dear friend but she couldn't see anyone. "Renna-"

"Judith wake up now!" Renna's voice had a warning tone to it.

"But Renna-"

"WAKE UP!" Renna screamed.

Judith was entirely confused until she saw eyes before her. It was hard to make out who the person was but as light flooded her vision, she caught a glimpse of a crazy frizzy haired woman that grinning wickedly at her.

Judith screamed until she suddenly found herself awake on the sofa, her breathing short, and her face drenched in sweat. The Weasley family surrounded the sofa.

George was directly by her side, her hand held by his.

Fred looked over the back of the sofa with a worried expression unsure of what Judith had seen.

She knew who that woman was and now she understood why Renna had forcibly tried to wake her up.

The spirit belonged to Bellatrix Lestrange.