Chapter 28

Life wasn't looking that good anymore when Hayley was taken from the plantation. Niklaus immediately accused Marcel of being the one to take Hayley after he had confessed to stop by the plantation before when Hayley was home alone. 

Adelaide was hiding in the crowd of Vampires in the compound ready for what Marcel called 'Fight Night'. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fight Night! And, the first rule of Fight Night is: the vampire left standing at the end of the night is one step closer to the inner circle, and one of these-- a daylight ring. If you can impress me with a little ultra-violence, you too can enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face. All you got to do is kick a little ass. Here we go!" Marcel announced. 

He announced the fighters- Felicia and Otto- who immediately started fighting in the middle of the circle that had been formed. Otto appeared to have the upper hand but Felicia quickly took control and ended the fight by snapping his neck. 

"Damn, girl! Not bad!" Marcel laughed. 

At the get go from Adelaide, Niklaus and Elijah appeared and snapped Felicia's head. Adelaide made her way through the crowd to the two Original siblings and joined Elijah's side, who held her waist in a protective manner. 

Adelaide looked upon Felicia. "Damn, I actually appreciated that one." She muttered under her breath. Elijah's chest rumbled as he chuckled but he ticked her side as he told her to be quiet in a non-verbal way. 

"Good evening! I'd like a word." Klaus raised his voice. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asked. 

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give it to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you." Elijah demanded.

"You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands." Marcel commented. 

"Your home, is it?" Klaus asked with a fake smile. 

"The girl! I will not ask again." Elijah demanded again, this time anger was lacing his voice. 

"I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?" 

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." 

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?" Marcel concluded. 

Later, the three were sitting around a table in the compound. 

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Adelaide asked. 

"No, most certainly not." Elijah agreed. 

Niklaus chuckled. "You do realize that they can hear you?" 

"You do realize we do not care?" Adelaide shot back. 

Niklaus sat back with a smirk plastered on his face. 

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box." Marcel said as he appeared with a few Vampires following him and Sabine before turning to Niklaus. "But Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. If your special lady friend is missing, you could benefit from the help of a witch. And, since I control all the witches in this town, I'll grant you one little locator spell. Sabine's the best guide in the Quarter. Need to find someone? I guarantee, she's your girl."  

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked as Marcel left them to their bussines. 

"I hate to cut this short, but the sun's coming up soon. My nightwalkers need to get inside, and I have got a city to run. I leave you to track down your lost sheep." 

"Can you find her?" Elijah asked Sabine. 

"I can try." Sabine said with a small shrug. 

The Vampires leave Sabine with the Original Vampires, who immediately get everything ready. 

"Why isn't she doing the spell?" Sabine asked, nodding at Adelaide. 

"She is knocked out, when I do a locater spell, I see the place through their eyes, it won't work if she's knocked out." 

"She's in the back country. Way up past Houma, deep in the Bayou." Sabine announced after she did the locater spell. 

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?" Elijah asked. 

"What's the matter, Elijah? You're worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?" Niklaus taunted. 

"As a matter of fact, after my recent confinement, I could use a decent stroll through the countryside." Elijah shot back. 

"There are stories of exiled werewolves, encampments. If Hayley went out that far, chances are she went to find them." Sabine guessed. 

"Clearly, she hopes to make the acquaintance of more like herself. I suppose our company wasn't good enough for her." 

Elijah just looked at the two witches who were standing next to each other. 

After being sent back home by Elijah, Adelaide decided to visit Davina who was painting. "Hey." 

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Someone used magic." Davina explained. 

"That was Sabine. Marcel gave her permission to perform a spell for us to track Hayley down. She's in the bayou, Elijah sent me home so I thought I'd keep you company instead of being alone." 

Davina nodded. "Okay. Can you help me with a spell?" 

Adelaide shrugged. "Sure thing, love, what is it?" Davina handed a page of the grimmoire to Adelaide. "Oh, the pain infliction spell. Yeah, that's a pain in  the ass but you came to the right person. I invented that spell so I can help you with it. Let's see what you got, do it on me." 

Davina shook her head no. "No, I could hurt you. It's called the pain infliction spell for a reason." 

"Darl-" She was cut of by a sound in the church. 

"Marcel." The two witches said in union.