Chapter 4

Thank you all for reading and I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks :)

(P.S. sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

                Chapter 4

Evan POV:

                I smiled happily when the movie was over. God, that was the worst movie ever. This is the last time I let Lisa and Ellie drag me to another one of their chick flicks. Judging from the looks I was getting, Scott and Kevin agreed. Spencer was right to have backed out of this one. Lisa and Ellie sighed as they got up, their faces alight.

                “Wasn’t that just beautiful? Just amazing.” Lisa said breathlessly.

                “Yeah, amazingly boring and stupid. Worst two hours of my life.” Scott muttered. Ellie shot her brother a look, and then walked in front of us chatting with Lisa. To be fair, “Love’s First Kiss” was definitely not a guy’s movie. Who would want to sit there and watch two people fall in love? Not me. I knew that one day I would find my mate, but I was just hoping that day would be in a long time. As much as I want to have a mate, I’m only nineteen. I don’t want to be strapped down for the rest of my life. I may be a werewolf, but I’m still a guy. I still want to party and chase girls.

                Exiting the theater, I took a deep breath, glad to be back. California was great, but it wasn’t home.          One of the best things about California is my roommate. He is my age and was raised by a family that is close to my dad, meaning he was a were as well. It definitely made me sneaking out for runs in the middle of the night a lot easier to explain. As we were ending our freshman year, and I was heading back to Marksgrove, he got word that his family was moving to Marksgrove and that he was welcome to come along too. Man, we were so excited. It’s not every day that your best friend moves to your hometown. I am so pumped to introduce him to my boys tonight at the BBQ. He’ll fit right in, I just know it.

                “So those two hours of torture counted as quality brother and sister time, right?” Scott asked. I laughed, leaning forward. Man, it was cold outside. Scott and Spencer chuckled as well as both the girls. I took another breath, noticing something in the air. It was sweet and smelled like strawberries with vanilla. I’ve never smelled it before, and it was intoxicating. I swiveled my head around, looking for the source. It wasn’t Lisa or Ellie. I would have smelled it on them during the movie. The source seemed to be coming from a little clothing shop across the street. Along with the scent, a magnetic pull seemed to be coming from there. It was like there was something, or someone in there that was pulling me towards that shop. For some reason, my usually mature wolf was begging me to go in there. I was just about to tell him to shove it when Ellie spoke and started walking towards that very store with the strange, sweet scent and alluring pull. We all followed suit behind her as she walked across the abandoned street. Most days there were more people out but after that last storm whipped through our small town, I guess more people decided to stay inside since it looked like another rager was on its way.

                “I just have to grab a quick present for Leah. I totally forgot to do it yesterday, and with that BBQ tonight I won’t have time to get it.” Ellie said, pulling the door open. As soon as I walked in the smell hit me like a wall. It was strawberries and vanilla and werewolf and rain and bacon and so many other things. I gaped, but quickly closed my mouth and followed Scott to the back of the store. Since no one else said anything about the scent, I’d keep it to myself. I didn’t want anyone to think I was crazy or something. I looked around discreetly. There was no one else around in the store except the sales associate, who didn’t look up from the young, blond girl she was talking to and on the other side of the store I could just barely make out the form of someone who was standing behind a rack. The smell was everywhere, making it hard to tell where it was coming from.