Chap 4 (And you talked to me in a broken voice)

Michael

Calum stayed the week with me.

I didn't have work since it was spring break and my boss wanted me to 'get off my ass and vacation' so that meant I spent the entire week watching movies, beating Red Dead Redemption, and eating cold pizza with Calum. I don't think I went outside the entire time. Calum did, of course, since he had practice, and I just waited until he got home.

But today he needed a ride and obviously me being the great friend I am, drove him. 

When we got there I helped him bring his stuff to the field and I was about to walk  back to my car when I felt a tug on my shirt. I turned and looked down to see Jasey, the little girl that kept me company at the last practice.

"Kitten. You're in big trouble." She put on the meanest face she could muster, but it only made her more adorable.

"And why is that?" I chuckled and knelt down to her height.

"You promised you'd hang out with me at the next practice but you weren't even there!" She pouted.

Shit I forgot about that.

"Oh Jasey Rae I'm so sorry. I had a lot of work to do at home." I picked her up.

"Hey! How'd you know my middle name was Rae?"

What? I hadn't realized I called her that. Oops.

"Wait your middle name is Rae? Who named y-"

"Why the hell are you holding my sister you perv?" I heard a voice say and I immediately put Jasey down, her running over to the guy that I'm assuming was her brother.

I didn't care about him calling me a perv because, if I walked up to see a guy I had never met before, holding my sister, I'd probably freak out too.

"Bubba that's Kitten. He's my friend so don't be a meanie."

"I thought he was imaginary Jase, I mean you said he was a guy that felt like a kitten s- you?!"

I snapped my head up to be met with the eyes of the kid I kissed at Calum's soccer game. He looked petrified but within a second it turned into anger.

He put Jasey down and whispered something in her ear. Whatever it was, was powerful enough to send her running the opposite direction. He stalked over to me and suddenly my head was spinning.

He punched me. He freaking punched me.

I looked up at him, holding my bleeding nose, "What the hell was that for?"

"Oh you know what it was for."

"It was just a kiss okay kid. Look, I'm sorry if you're afraid of people thinking you're gay or something, but it really was just a kiss. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm the one getting all the hate online because I kissed some innocent boy so I'm absolutely disgusting apparently." The venom dripping from my words wasn't meant to be there, but I was so upset at how people were treating me.

His eyes were wide, "Just a kiss. Yeah you're right. But maybe next time you should ask if the person you're going to kiss is okay with it because maybe said person wants their first kiss to mean something and not be 'just a kiss'."

To say I was surprised by his statement was an understatement.

"Whatever it's fine. It doesn't matter anyway." He sighed.

As he walked away I had an internal debate. Should I apologize or should I just leave it at that. If I do apologize I'd feel much better about the whole situation, but it isn't like he'd want to be friends after plus he was a dick to me, so it'd probably be pointless. In the end I went with my gut.

"Hey!" I realized I didn't actually know his name, "uh-um, dude?"

Luckily he understood that I was talking to him, and turned around. His eyebrows went up like he was waiting for me to speak.

"Um... I'm sorry a-about kissing you I mean. I wasn't really thinking when I did it and yea I'm sorry."

He smiled, a lopsided half-smile, "Luke."

"What?"

"My name is Luke."

I smiled

-

Ahhhh I've been waiting for this part.

If you haven't already, I have a few other muke stories if you'd like to read them :)

I LAVA YOU

-Em