Chapter 21

"Hey, do you and your friends want to come with me and mine to a play?" I asked Julian the next morning at breakfast.

He looked over at his friends, Evan and James shrugged, William nodded once, and Clyde did nothing. "Sure, I guess." He didn't seem too stoked about seeing a play, but whatever. They were going.

When we got there William, James, Evan and Keah sat in one row, while Dani, Julian, Clyde and I sat in the row in front of them. I had planned to sit next to Julian, but Dani made it so I was sat between her and Clyde. I looked at her when I sat down and only recieved a wide smirk.

"You are loving yourself so much right now." I whispered to Dani.

"To be 100 percent truthful, I really am." Her smirk was now a full on smile.

Clyde and Julian were turned in their seats talking to William and James, while Evan and Keah were flirting? I presumed.

The lights finally got darker and the play was beginning. There weren't too many people in the theater, but it was a fairly good amount. The actors walked onto stage to begin the opening act. I was starting to feel claustrophobic, and uncomfortable. Clyde had his arm on the armrest to my left, and Dani had her arm on the armrest to my right. Which left me with no armrest, and feeling like they were both too close for comfort.

"I have to pee." I whispered to no one in particular and got up.

"Squirrel bladder." I heard Keah whisper and some chuckling beside her. I rolled my eyes but continued out. It was true I was one who had to pee often but this time I only left because my arms were restless which left me in strong discomfort. I knew stretching my legs would do me some good.

I came back no too long after and the play seemed to be getting good. By the end of the show I was completely in tears. The lights came back on after the actors bowed and Dani looked at me and burst into laughter. This caused everyone else in our group to look at me and start laughing.

"You are not seriously crying from the play." James poked my back, still lauging.

"Shut up. It was really good." I defended myself but started laughing myself.

"How adorbs." Keah said and I got up, to stop the pokes I was recieving. I wiped my eyes, still smiling at how they found it so funny and they all followed. We left soon after and all enjoyed a conversation on the way back to the huts.

"Alex let's go into the water." Dani had called to me when we made it back to the cabin.

"Alright." I said and everyone started going inside. However I was stopped on my journey when my arm was pulled back. Julian pulled me back and around the corner. He firmly placed his lips to mine and I kissed him back after my confusion as to what was happening subsided. 

He pulled back for some air and smirked at me. His one arm rested above my head on the side of the cabin. I smiled back although everything in me felt weird. I couldn't explain it, I just didn't really care for the kiss. Thinking that, it came to my mind that probably I thought of him only as a friend.

"I'll see you in the water, mi amor." He kissed the back of my hand, bowing slightly and left. I couldn't help my cheeks from flushing at his outdated flirting. He was such a charmer.

After dressing and such, we made it to the water, the boys already there. There were some other people but I knew most people were probably on the boardwalk this final day to shop and stuff. Looking in, Jason and Clyde were right next to each other, Julian holding a smirk, Clyde holding a frown.

I sighed. Always something going on. We'd at least be gone tomorrow morning, and summer vacation would be upon us at the end of the week.

Author's Note: Really short, I know, but the next one gets better. :)