Chapter 13 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Thirteen ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

My arms were folded firmly across my chest as I stood tall and stared angrily at the trees before me. My ears were alert for the sounds of my pack’s approach but so far they weren’t nearby. Growling a little out loud from having such a frustrating mate, the nearby birds in a big tree quickly flew off. Who knew meeting ‘the one’ would literally turn my world upside down like this?

Not that I’m complaining, I love my little spitfire with every fibre in my body but boy does she know how to get in under my skin and stay there while she stretches out and makes herself at home. Though if she had taken my words towards her with no payback – she wouldn’t be the Eva I cherish so much.

So much that I willingly hurt her beyond words to keep her safe but she doesn’t know this yet. If she did, she would have refused to leave but I will explain it all to her when I finally make it back home. I’ll win her stubborn little heart back over again.

Though I get the feeling it might take a lot of effort on my part, which I’m willing to do. My wolf is willing to do anything right now just to have me let him chase her back down and keep her by my side where I know how she is and that she is safe.

Closing my eyes and inhaling deeply as I let my inner wolf search for her soul, I found her to be irritated and moody but she was safe and well. Since she disowned herself from my pack I no longer can communicate through the mind link with her, so sensing her soul is all I’ve got to go on now.

The faint sounds of my pack finally approaching could be heard off in the far distance and I growled unintentionally again – I can’t help it that I’m furious with them for believing Eva so easily and taking off in the wrong direction without even contacting me first.

Lucky for their hides that Vance decided to check in and find out what was taking them all so long, so they didn’t manage to run too far away but still...it’s put us back an extra day and a half now.

“You should have seen it coming,” Vance grunted as he walked up behind me, stopping a few metres away and keeping some space between us.

My eyes narrowed as I continued staring at the trees and I didn’t reply; I already knew what he was referring to. Vance believes I let Eva get away with way too much and I admit that I use to think along the same lines before I met her but now I know a mate is not an object to be bossed around – especially mine, bossing my mate around has repercussions.

“She was upset and angry, can’t exactly blame her,” a new familiar voice mumbled from off to my left. I turned my head slightly to eye the new wolf, Dale, up and down. I still don’t trust him one hundred percent and I believe he has an ulterior motive for wanting to join my pack.

A motive named Eva.

'Someone’s crushing on your wild mate,’ Vance scoffed silently and I growled warningly. Just because I was thinking it as well doesn’t mean I want others saying it.

How do people even like her though? No offence because I love that girl but she isn’t exactly the nicest person out there, she is rude and stubborn and forgets that other people have feelings as well....she is the female version of myself.

Which is why I like her and can stand her but why does Dale like her? He doesn’t even know her, not in the way I do or how her family does.

“Eva knew what she was doing when she sent my back up in the wrong direction,” I growled lowly, knowing she would have had a good old laugh about it too.