two

after a few shots taken with cara, she heads up the stairs with the mystery boy of the night. that's what she refers it to. i tilt back one more shot without her to get extra fucked up.

i turn and start walking, but that wasn't such a great idea. i bump into a tall and hard figure. i look up into the man's eyes and he has brown hair that's not too dark and not too light.

"you should watch where you're going." he smiles a little, chuckling to lighten up his words.

"i am so sorry." i apologize, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear nervously. "i've just- i've just had a lot, yeah." i splutter, making a fool out of myself already.

his smile grows bigger, "i'm adrian."

i idiotically hold my hand out to him, "nova!" i buoyantly introduce myself.

"that's an interesting name." he tells me.

"yeah, after supernova." i ramble. "my dad's an astronomer. well, was." i wave my hands like its some big deal, but it really isn't.

i hate talking about my dad. my family in general.

"that's cool, i guess." he says, shifting his weight onto one leg.

i grab onto his forearm. oh no, i hope i'm not being too forward and just completely blow it all. this boy is cute and i want to take him home.

"want to dance?" i ask.

my neck starts to hurt from having to looks up so high. my god, why is he so tall?

"i'd love to." he charmingly accepts, grabbing ahold of my hand.

we both muster into the mush of sweaty, drunk precollege and college kids. i start to sway my body with adrian and his hands rest casually on my hips. this isn't weird at all considering i'm tipsy.

"do you attend ucla?" adrian questions, bending down to my ear.

i nod, "yeah, it's my sophomore year. i transferred from arizona." i answer. "you?"

"it's my junior year." he says.

"oh, so you're not much older than me."

"i'm not at all that much older than you. just a year." he winks, making me smile like a fool.

i can't tell if he's trying to be extremely charming or is just this charmingly. i mean, the good looks are a plus. maybe he has a good body. of course he does, by the way he's moving against me.

"have you had anything to drink?" i ask.

he shrugs, "just a beer."

"why don't you get drunk?"

"i want to be somewhat sober, so i don't ruin my chance with a beauty like you."

before i can respond, a rough, large hand grabs my wrist, yanking me backwards and away from adrian. i yelp, but then look up at who it is. i probably look like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

"jack?" i say, completely stunned by what's before me.

"nova, what are you doing here?" he asks.

"i'm having fun, what does it look like?" i slur a little, laughing. "what are you doing here-" i'm cut off.

"what the hell are you wearing?" jack harshly whispers into my ear; it's weird that i can hear him so clearly over the loud music. "i don't want people think that i'm rooming with a slut." he clarifies, raising his voice and backing away.

the tall blonde with the roots growing speaks up, "i think your roommate looks sexy as hell." he admits.

the shorter, natural blonde adds on, "yeah, i agree with sam."

"you guys are disgusting." jack rolls his eyes in exasperation as his friends compliment me.

a blush creeps it's way into my face and i'm thankful for it being so dark in here. it's nice to hear a compliment every now and then, especially if your roommate is bombarding you with how ugly you look.

"i'm going to resume what i was just doing." i awkwardly tell the group of boys.

"you mean sticking your tongue down that boy's throat?" sam, whom i assume, teases.

jack's eyes snap to me right away when sam says that. my eyebrows pull together and i laugh.

"i was just dancing with him!" i clarify and jack visibly relaxes, but he still looks tense. "you guys just go and have fun. i will see you tomorrow." i look pointedly at jack.

"wait, tomorrow? where are you going tonight?" he questions, sounding like an overprotective father.

i purse my lips, wondering why he's so curious, "i'd probably be asleep already by the time you get home."

he nods, "oh."

not answering, i go back to where adrian was and he's conversing with someone. geez, why is everyone here so tall? i tap his arm and that easily captures his attention.

"hey, what happened?" he asks, wrapping his arm around me.

"nothing. i was just talking to my roommate." i shrug.

he lowers his lips to my ear, "want to get out of here."

i rapidly nod my head, "yes."

he smiles, "okay."

and that was that. he says goodbye to everyone he knows and we both decide on my place. maybe i'll get some definite action tonight. he leads me to his car as i tell him my address after making numerous jokes.

"i swear that i'm not this annoying when i'm sober." i tell him.

he throws his head back into a laugh, "it's cute and funny when you're drunk."

i playfully narrow my eyes at him as he proceeds to our destination. hopefully, jack won't even be home tonight at all. more privacy for us.

"music preference?" adrian asks.

"anything, but country." i say.

he takes that into consideration and turns on the radio. selena gomez's voice immediately fills the space of the car and i sing along to the song drunkenly.

"is this it?" adrian questions once we've reached my apartment.

"yes, sir!" i say, jumping out of the car right after he parks.

being completely forward, i grab onto his hand and drag him inside. i probably wouldn't do this unless i'm drunk. i'm not this outgoing. we stumble into my apartment and i flicker on the lights, instantly groaning when i see jack's things all over the place.

he always has to mark where he's been.

"god, jack..." i mutter to myself.

"you live with a guy?"

i look up at adrian who's also staring around at all of jack's things. i nod, even though he's not paying attention to me.

"it was an apartment mix up."

i don't want to tell him that i'm a loser with no friends. not thinking much of it anymore, i take adrian into my nest and pristine bedroom to have a little fun.

"actually, can we just sleep?" adrian sweetly asks.

i tilt my head, confused. didn't he come here to hook up?

"i'm just tired." he adds. "been a long night."

i pout, feeling rejected, "fine." i huff.

{vote, comment, share}