(4) The Question

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GUYS! Whoaa, an update?! Well... yes XP. Thank you guys for the votes and comments, it's really 'heart warming' !!!

Enjoy peeps !

■■■■■■■■■■■■■□■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■□■■■■■■■■■■■■

Ignoring my insult, he shrugged. "It is made easy for a reason. If we will make it difficult, those criminals would eventually get it; unless if we make it more obvious, they'd probably work their ass off thinking how difficult it may be."

"Hyprocite." I snorted. Confusion was clear in his face, so I clarified my statement. "Hyprocite. You are a hyprocite." He raises an eyebrow, still not getting it.

Face palm. "You're a criminal yourself, and you're calling those other criminals as criminals as if they're different from you. You kill people, just like any criminals out there."

"If we're talking about killing people, then the cops, FBi, and other law shits out there would be criminals too." He snapped angrily. "I don't simply kill just because it's my job; I kill for a reason. And I don't accept my missions in a blink of an eye, I look for motives, then eventually kill." Hurt was clear in his eyes.

A pang of guilt hit me which made me want to take everything I said back. But still, he killed people.

"Moving on, you must start using the system of writing we are using."

"What did you just said?" I gaped at him.

"I said, that you must start using the-"

"WHAT!?"

He groaned, "I said-"

"That was a rhetorical question."

"But you did ask-"

"Shh." I shushed him. Thinking everything through, I stared at the wall beside me.

My door opened, revealing the girl with bubble gum colored hair from earlier. "Oh and by the way, my name is- Adam?" She froze.

"Fey." He nods at her. So her name is Fey.

"What are you doing here? Wait, nevermind. Mom's calling you."

Adam faced me and mock saluted, "Duty calls."

I watch him leave the room, leaving me and Fey.

"Is my cousin being a jerk to you?" She asked worriedly.

"Adam's your cousin!!?"

"Yup." She smiled sheepishly.

"What's up with you and having really mean relatives!? -no offense."

She laughed, "Non taken, I actually got that a lot."

A noise came from her pocket, which I bet is her phone. She excused her self and read it, before staring at me. "Dress up. We're going somewhere." She smiled excitedly.

"Uh, right. I didn't pack my clothes."

She raised an eyebrow, "What's inside thise bags then?"

Realization dawned to me, and I immediately run towards my bed. Zipping the zipper open, I held in a gasp when I saw some of my casual shirts, pants, shorts, and even underwear are there.

I didn't remember packing anything.

Adam.

My eyes widened and I faced Fey. "Where's Adam?"

"In the high ups room. Aka, your grandfather's office."

"Franco's office."

She smiled, "Same thing."

"Where are we going?"

"To the high ups roon. Aka, your grand-"

"Great." I sighed. I picked up some of my clothes and smiled at her, "Thanks."

"Got to go, Mom's calling me."

I waved her good bye and went to the bathroom.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

"Hello?" I called out. I went to Fey's room earlier and she's not there. Since I have no idea where Franco's office is, I'll be asking Shay then.

"Emerald?" I heard the unmissable scratchy voice of hers truly.

"Shay!" I beamed, "Where's Franco's office?"

She raised an eyebrow, "You mean your grandfather's office?"

"Same thing." I copied her daughter's words with a smile.

She sighed, muttering a "Teenagers these days." Before typing something in her keyboard. "Welcome."

Her wall went back and showed a gate which look that it is made up off metal. She typed some things and scanned her thumb in the machine looking thing, and immediately, it opened.

"Just follow the lights. And type one 1's, two 2's, three 3's, four 4's, five 5's."

"Okay..." I muttered as I enter the volt or whatever you call this. Once I entered it, it immediately closed. The volt turns out to be circular and curved lights started to appear, showing a really long pathway. Whoaa. This is so cliché.

The end of the path was another metallic door, with a keypad on it. I typed, "122333444455555" and tada! It opened, revealing Franco and Adam.

"Emerald!" Franco beamed, "How's the room dear?"

"It was... fine." I smiled.

"Take a seat." He gestured at the chair beside Adam.

I rejected his offer. "I'm fine."

Adam pierced his lips and stood up. What a gentleman.

I took a sit and he immediately sat back to his chair.

Immature shit. Just like me.

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"They're... in hiding." Franco replied.

What?