Chapter One

If there's some feedback on this chapter I'll give you a bonus one.

___________

Rumors. Gossips and alerts began to fill the village once again. I walk down the streets of the village collecting some errands for my mother. I hear the bakery man talking with the guards about the beast. –"We saw him last night, he was wondering around but thankfully they weren't any disappearances neither attacks sir" The guard said, while eating some bread with coffee. –"Thank the lord, or else who knows what would've had happened. The beast doesn't have mercy but, thankfully he didn't want any blood yesterday. They said it was full moon." The bakery man says, collecting the finished bread from the oven.

I kept thinking and walking, while collecting my mothers errands, the beast. There were rewards to get him, capture him, torture him and finally kill him. My body felt a strong pain when I thought of that, like if I shouldn't think or say that.

Once I finished collecting the errands I walked back home, slowly looking at the woods, the sun rays lighting it's darkness and making it look magical. I kept on walking and pulling my red hood closer to cover me from the cold wind that emanated from the woods. The trees danced back and the leaves slowly began to fall, the green leaves of the trees and flowers of the blossoms. I shifted back to the walk home, mother asked me to collect errands for my grandmother which, unfortunately, is sick. She lives deep in the woods and mother is visiting her tomorrow with father.

Once I got home, father was busy outside building a small birds house, the began to work on cutting the wood of a big trunk he just got. –"I'm back father" I announced, his eyes shifted on me and he nodded. He was still mad and I was concerned about his madness towards me. Last night I wasn't going to get hurt, the beast wouldn't have hurt me and if he wanted I doubt that he would. –"Your mother awaits for you my child, go and help her with your grandmothers meal" He said, looking back at the huge trunk and rubbing his neck to let some pain away. I didn't say anything and advanced to enter the house, my mother was in the kitchen, figuring out something to cook from her homemade cooking book. –"I'm home mother" I said, placing the basket with the errands. She looked up at me and smiled widely while looking inside the basket and collecting the fruits, vegetables, bread and other spices.

-"What are you cooking for grandmother, mother?" I asked, curious of what she will cook. Mothers cooking was delicious and I enjoyed admiring her smile while she cooks a home made loving meal.

-"I'll try to make something new dear. Apple pie and chicken soup, maybe she'll like the pie and enjoy the soup as well" She smiled, getting everything out and reading from her book. –"Oh. May I help you with anything mother?" I asked, standing up and walking to her side. She shook her head, but then looked back at the sink and looked back at me. –"Maybe you can collect some water from the river nearby honey that'll help me a lot" She suggested and walked back to grab the bucket and handing it to me. –"Remember to be careful" She warned and I was out by the back yards door.

I was standing before the woods, my red hood covering my face. The tall trees and creaking sounds of branches breaking made me feel scared, but at the same time captivated by the woods. I've lived around it since I was a small kid and now I still feel curious to search for its center.

My feet begin to guide me, I slowly walked through the trees and flowers around. The magnificent smell of the woods made me smile, I swung the bucket in my hand and kept walking, almost arriving to my destination. Suddenly, I heard a branch break but this time it made me shiver. The smell hit me and I feel myself looking back towards the sound. There was nobody, nothing for me to be scared of. I take a deep breath and try to remind myself not to be scared.