45

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 45: theBomb.com

{D. K}

        Connor crept into the supply closet that resided in Mystic Falls Hospital. His intentions anything but good as he followed Meredith Fell walk in with a white bandage secured firmly on her small neck. It didn't take much to get her to play along so Dakota, Klaus, and Damon to get Connor alone for an interrogation. "Is a hospital really the best place for a germaphobe?"

         Damon stepped away from the metal cart filled with blankets and night gowns. "Did I say I was a germaphobe? Sorry, I meant vampire."

Dakota saw Connor's hand move to retrieve the vervain gun from his belt, but before he could, Dakota used a crossbow she had stolen to shoot two arrows into his body, similarly to how Damon was hours prior. "Hope you don't mind," Dakota stepped out of her hiding spot, her eyes looking greedily at the weapon in her hand. "I found these in your trailer, and I had to try it out."

Connor was frozen for a moment, realizing who was standing before him. "But, the vervain—"

"—stung like a bitch," Dakota finished. "But, a few centuries of practice made it bearable."

"Does your boyfriend know you're a monster?"

Footsteps were heard, and when Damon let out a low whistle, Connor looked up from the white ceramic tiling beneath himself to see a man with a disapproving frown on his face. "Hello, mate. I'm Klaus, the boyfriend, and if I must use your crude terminology when describing my lovely girlfriend. Then yes, I'm plenty aware that she's a monster. But, guess what? I'm one too."

Connor adjusted himself, attempting to get the bomb-attached arrows off of him to no avail.

"Stop it, already. I really don't want to have to see someone scrape you off the ceiling."

"Your boyfriend here's going to kill me anyways," The hunter snapped, his dark eyes full of hatred as he looked at Dakota.

Klaus leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well yes, but let's not rush the process. I'd like to get to know who I'm killing first."

"Let's start with the basics, shall we?" Damon quipped, walking forward with a folded piece of paper between his hands. "Where are you from? What do you know? Maybe you could cue me in on this 'greater evil' because I've fought this guy," Damon nodded his head towards the hybrid beside him, who was grinning proudly at the compliment. "—and there's nothing more evil than that."

Klaus took the piece of paper from Damon, unfolding it. His eyes skimmed the handwriting before looking over at Connor again. "Truth be told, I'm as evil as it gets."

"I'm not telling you anything."

Damon and Klaus both looked over at Dakota, who handed the crossbow to Damon so she could crouch down before Connor. Their faces were close as her brown eyes stared into his with cold distaste. "It's a shame, Connor. I knew I didn't like you the second I met you, but I thought things could change. I've made friends with species that despise vampires, and I hoped we could get past what we are, but I guess the only thing that's going to be growing is the grass around your grave."

Connor snickered, his eyes wandering over her body, laughing out loud as he saw Klaus' hands clench in his peripheral. "It's a shame, always the hot ones that are crazy."

"Says you, Mr. I-Have-A-Disappearing-Tattoo."

"What do you mean, 'tattoo'."

"Don't bother," Damon replies to Klaus. "—you can't see the damn thing."

Still crouched close to him, Dakota's eyes subconsciously skimmed over the exposed brown skin on Connor's body that was clear from visible ink. "There's something more to you than just guns and vampire killing obsessions, huh?"

Connor stayed quiet for a moment too long, before reaching his hand to grab the stake from his boot and attempt to stab Dakota.

Her hand moved in a blur, catching his wrist before the weapon made its target. She twisted his arm back, tugging the stake from his grip.

Klaus put his hand on hers, gently taking the stake from her hands. His blue eyes locked on the symbol engraved at the top of it. "What's that?" Dakota stepped closer to Klaus to get a closer look at the series of lines.

"You're one of the five."

Klaus' accusation was directed towards Connor. "The what?"

"I'm a bit faster than your average hunter."

The hunter reaching for both of the cords that held him to the two explosives, and pulled them with all of his might. Out of instinct, Damon pulled Dakota with him as he threw both of hem out of the storage closet.

Dakota scrambled to get off the ground as her heels slid slightly on the debris that littered the hospital floors around her. "Did Klaus get out?" She urgently looked around the room looking for his face.

On cue, her phone buzzed in her pocket that was stained with dust.

Alpha Male:

Get home, sweetheart. We need to talk about The Five.

-K