WT1| Down Bad - 19

turning point

turning point.

  That was it

That was it. I had had it. After all those years of happiness, just to continuously get worst. Why is my life so bad? Why does it feel like when I have nothing, I lose everything? Laying in the this hospital bed, I felt like I had nothing left. All I could think about was Terri stabbing me as if it was nothing, as if I was nothing, as if we were nothing to each other. I hated her.

I was never going to be able to forgive her, let alone forget what she just attempted to do to me.

I took deep breaths, trying not to focus on the excruciating pain coming from my side. I kept fading in and out of consciousness. One minute I was awake, the next I was sleeping. When I was sleeping, I kept revisiting the current events. That bitch is shady.

I wanted good dreams like I had when Wyn found Rei for me. I heard my heart pick up speed on the monitor. I knew I loved him. When he was near it felt good but when he left it didn't. I wanted him around all the time, but I knew what he did.

I heard him say he loved me but I didn't say it back. I didn't want to be dumb again.

I was just waking up from a long sleep. Wyn wasn't there like he usually was. I could hear his voice though, as well as another's.

"She's making you weak mentally!" I heard the other voice yell.

This was the second time I was hearing this from someone that seemed to know him well.

My eyes shot open and I took in my surroundings. I took deep breaths again, the pain still there. I couldn't remember what I doctor said but I knew he said something about it being deeper. I frowned.

"Just keep breathing like that." I heard. I looked over.

It was a guy that had to be Mexican or something in relation. He was holding Rei in his arms. She was sleeping. His eyes were brown and his hair was a bit long. I had never met him before and I didn't trust him with Rei.

"Who are you?" I asked looking from him to Rei.

"I'm Fabio." He said with a smirk as if to say something. "Don't mind them out there, that's Wyn and Calib."

"Calib? Wait, why is he with Calib?" I asked. He opened his mouth to speak but Calib and Wyn came into the room.

I remembered his face. He looked the same except the fact that he had a hard look to him. It made me wonder what they did to him and why he was with Wyn. Wyn looked at me and smiled.

"You're up?" He asked, coming closer and kneeling at my side. I looked at him with a stale face.

"I'm up." I said dryly before looking to Calib.

I had to blame him. My sister didn't start wanting to kill me until she met him. If I wasn't in so much pain I would've leapt up and attacked him. His face softened when he looked at me.

"She did that to you?" He asked. Wyn grabbed my chin and turned my face to him before kissing me.

"I'm gonna get that bitch." He whispered. I looked at him long and intensive. I wanted to give him permission to take her head off but value would it have to me. That wouldn't heal me or make me feel better about the situation.

I shook my head. "What goes around comes around. Don't worry about it."

Wyn was looking at me as if he was trying to read me. If he could see how cold I felt, he would know I was just trying to chill out. I can't just go around killing people. Even though that's exactly what she was trying to do to me.

I'm not savage like her though. I'm slick, I have no comfort stabbing, shooting, or causing harm to anyone.

Terri. To think she would show me mercy for all the shit that I've been through.

"We can't just let her slide, look what she did to you." He said, pointing to my side. I didn't have to look to know what he was talking about.

I felt it. This was my first time feeling this level of anger and hate.

I tried to prevent my facial expression from showing my true emotions as I looked at him. I shook my head again.

"She'll get hers. I can tell you that." I said. I would make sure she got it personally.

I looked to Rei and nodded.

      Fabio and Calib stayed and talked to me, keeping me company as Wyn went to figure things out

Fabio and Calib stayed and talked to me, keeping me company as Wyn went to figure things out. He said we needed a new home in a new location.
Fabio was watching me, three other big men in the room as well. It made me feel safe. It showed me that Fabio was obviously a powerful man. He didn't brag about it so I figured he was smart too. I knew I could put my thoughts in his hands. Even though, typically I wouldn't do it.

"What do you think I should do, Fabio? Should I call the police? Get revenge? I don't know." I confessed. I didn't want to burn my ticket to heaven because of her.

Fabio looked at me and chuckled, shaking his head. "You're a smart girl and I know you know right from wrong but your safety should never be put into the hands of someone else. Trusting someone with your safety and others can only get you so far. If you want to protect yourself and those you love then it's something you have to do." He said.

I barely understood. All I needed was a straight on answer but he talked in code as if the feds were listening.

But as I took in his words, I realized how right he was. What if I was holding Rei while she was coming at me with that blade? Then I thought harder. What if she tries again?

I nodded to myself. I knew what I had to do.