Chapter 16.

AN: Thanks to impedimenta for the banner! :)                                                                      

                                                         Alice's P.O.V

"I have to say, Granger, blaming the all the destruction on me was pretty low," I comment, "For someone like you," I add.

Someone that would rather die than receive a bad reputation with a teacher.

"I figured you'd be thankful. It gives your whole, 'evil-girl' reputation a boost." She taunts.

I couldn't help but to laugh. As if I needed any help with that.

"You try so hard," I smirk.

I can see hurt and frustration in her eyes as she opens and closes her fists. She doesn't understand that the more she gets worked up, the more fun it gets for me.

"I could destroy that, too, you know." She says quietly, eyes still fixed on me.

"Oh, really?" I ask with amusement. I'd like to see what she pulls out of her sleeve. But, part of me worried. Granger wasn't stupid by any means...

"I bet all the Slytherins will loose all respect for you once they find out you've fallen for a Gryffindor. And, Ron, at that." She threatens.

On impulse, I grab my wand and start to shout a spell at her, but she shouts,

"Expelliarmus!" And sends my wand flying out of my hand before I can finish.

We sit up straight, teeth clamped shut, eyes piercing into one another's faces.

                                                                   Hermione's P.O.V

I glare at Alice, triumph radiating in my smirk. My pulse was going at a dangerously quick pace. Alice was about to use, 'Avada Kedavra' on me... I could have just died.

"It kills you, doesn't it?" She taunts, spitting fire behind her words, "It kills you to watch the boy you love, fall for someone else. And, having it be me? Even worse." She continues.

The boy I loved? Ron? I loved him, but not in the way she's implying. No, I loved someone else. Someone else associated with her.

"I don't love Ron, not like that, anyways." I sternly state, but she rolls her eyes.

The thing that killed me the most was the way Ron has been changing. It's like she's sucked the life from him. And, Harry has been really scared that 'You-Know-Who' is trying to get to him, and Ron has done nothing to help.

"Why Ron? That's all I want to know." I ask, sounding desperate.

I get that he's not the smartest person in the world, and it would be easy to get him wrapped under your finger, especially looking like Alice. She is Ron's dream girl, on the outside. But, they are as opposite as night and day on the inside.

At first, she doesn't answer. She just stares blankly at her feet. I wait for some smart of mean comment, but nothing.

"Is it because he's-" I start to continue, but she cuts me off.

"I don't want to be in this situation. I want to be a faithful fiance." She says, quietly.

My eyes widen, involuntarily. She's... She's actually acting humane. I wish I could open my mouth to keep this surprisingly nice Alice talking. I know it's not going to last.