A Ship Towards Shore: For Brown5714

Brown5714

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 17

******************

"Ruff! Tuff!" yelled Hiccup, as the twins watched their fire with awe. The catch: it was the food meant to last three weeks before you reached Berk again.

"Yes, Hiccup?" Tuff responded, distracted by the dancing flames in front of him. Luckily, they only set the barrel on fire, not the contents.

You threw the contents of your wooden pail over the fire, receiving a sizzling sound as fire and water mixed. You then smacked the twins in the head.

"Ouch!" Tuff shouted.

"Ow!" Ruff complained, "What was that for?"

"For setting our food on fire," you stated, blankly.

"So you hit us, why?" Ruff encouraged you to continue.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, staying silent.

Hiccup wrapped his arm around you, helping you to calm down. "Ruff, Tuff, go find Astrid and help her with something."

"Dictator," Ruff sneered in a whisper as she led her brother up the staircase.

"Power does that to people," Tuff replied.

It was Hiccup's turn to roll his eyes. "Thor, please help me."

"I'm sure Thor has a very busy schedule," you teased, "but I'll be glad to help you!" You gave your boyfriend his favorite closed eyed smile that gave you a childish look.

He ruffled your hair and said, "I know, love." Your (E/C) eyes sparkled, silently telling Hiccup three words. "I love you, too, (N/N)." He pulled you into a hug, resting his head against yours, which was resting on his chest.

"Would you like to hear a story?" You asked, looking up at my Hiccup.

Hiccup, who loved you stories (as did almost everyone on Berk) perked up. "Of course."

"Once upon a time, there was a group of close friends who were stuck on a ship together. Two were twins and almost complete idiots, though every now and then surprised everyone with a good idea. One was a moron who caused trouble, but somehow managed to always help fix it. One was a book worm, and he knew everything there was to know about dragons. Another was the warrior of the group. She spent hours upon hours training for anything and everything. Then, there were two lovers. A girl with a big imagination and a boy with a big brain and imagination.

"All of the friends loved each other, though they never admitted it. They all had big hearts and would risk their own lives over and over to make sure their village, dragons, and friends were safe.

"On the inescapable ship, the three trouble makers gave Lover Boy a hard time, but all was well as the ship finally docked at their peaceful village. The friends lived in harmony, happy throughout their days. The end," you completed with a giggle.

Hiccup knew who the story was about. He couldn't help but think of you saying "All of the friends loved each other, though they never admitted it." There was no doubt that what you had said was true. As friends, y'all loved each other dearly, but no one ever said so out loud.

Hiccup pulled you close to him at the sound of an explosion.

"TUFF!" You both heard Astrid yell.

"Hurry," you laughed, dragging Hiccup up the stairs. "Before Astrid throws him overboard."

Hiccup laughed and nodded, spotting Astrid and the twins the moment his head peaked above the deck.