13 | Saved

Anakin walked through the hallways of the Jedi Temple as Obi-Wan followed alongside of him. He had arrived back to Coruscant days ago, and training Lydia was still his first priority.

"Lydia has mad excellent progress, Master." Anakin said. "We even trained on Naboo."
"That's great to hear, Anakin." He complimented. "Tell Chancellor about her work."
"The Chancellor?" I asked.
"Indeed. He believes it's necessary to be updated on her skillform."

Why would Chancellor Palpatine wonder what skill and progress Lydia has made? Anakin thought.

"I'll let him know, then."

***

Anakin found himself looking around Palpatine's Suite as he searched for the Chancellor. Seeing him near the window, he turned to Anakin.

"Lydia's training has made progress, Chancellor." He said.
"Ah, good." He said. "Good job, son."
"Thank you." Anakin said. "But what I have trained her is all from my Master."
"Master Kenobi." Chancellor said, not meeting his gaze.

Anakin could hear the difference in Palpatine's tone as he spoke. "I should get back to the training chamber." He said. "Thank you, your Excellency."

Lydia stood inside of the training chamber as she did the small usual stretches. Her back was sore from the battle, but that wasn't stopping her If anything, it made her stronger.

As she placed her cloak onto a hook, she felt an odd presence nearby. She turned towards the window, but there was nothing.

As she slowly turned around, she gasped as a tall, strong creature pushed her down. She searched frantically for her lightsaber, but it wasn't anywhere in her sight. Before she could reach out with the force, the creature slammed her hands down.

"Let go of me!" She screamed as the creature tried to sink needles into her skin. She pushed it off of her and crawled across the chamber, only to be hit in the back of the head with something hard.

She yelped before hitting her head against the floor, causing everything around her to go black.

***

Lydia could hear a soft voice fill her ears as her eyes barely parted. Wherever she was, the room was cold, and she could see bright lights through her eyelids.

She winced slightly as a hand pressed to hers. She opened her eyes completely, and she seen Anakin.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up." He smiled.
As she began sitting up, she squeezed her eyes shut at the sharp pain through her head. Anakin reached out, his hand pressed to her back.
"Easy." He said to her. "You took a hit."
"W-What happened?" She stuttered.

Anakin inhaled. "There was a Clawdite, who was trying to kill you." He answered. "I arrived after you had been knocked out, and it escaped."
Lydia let her legs hang off the side of the bed. "I just want to go home."
Anakin held his hands out to her, and she took them before sliding off of the bed.

As she landed onto her feet, she fell weakly, and Anakin caught her. She moaned in pain as she clung to him, and he rested his chin on her head.
"Hold on." He said to her. He leaned down, hooking his arm underneath her knees as the other wrapped around her waist. She rested her aching head against his chest as he left the room, through the halls of the MedBay.

As Anakin made it to the Coruscant Apartment building, Obi-Wan stood on the stairs.
"Is she alright?" He asked.
"The Medical Droid said she would be sore for a few days." Anakin answered. "He injected antibiotics."
"Very well. I'll update Master Windu. In the mean time, you have Night Watch."
Anakin nodded. "Yes Master."

Lydia calmed at the words Obi-Wan had spoke. Night Watch. Anakin would watch over me in case of any other assassination attempt.

Reaching her apartment, Anakin placed her on her soft bed, and she sighed.

"You saved me, once again." Lydia said as she pulled her hair out of the gown. "I am grateful."
He smiled. "I'm just glad I got to you in time."
He started for the door. "I'll be right outside."
"I - Anakin." She called, swallowing.
He stopped and turned back to her.
She sighed quietly before slowly getting to her feet. She walked towards him, and left him in surprise as she pressed her lips to his.

When they pulled away, Anakin's hand wrapped around her neck before kissing her again. She let out a shaky breath as Anakin placed his hands on her waist, slowly walking her backwards as her back pressed to the wall.

Pulling away, their eyes locked. Anakin stroked her hair, and she sighed.
"I'll be outside." He told her. He pressed his lips to her forehead. "You're safe."