The First Enemy

"Ve 'aven't seen you in forever, Sly! You need to come over," my mother exclaims as soon as we tell my parents the story of how we bumped into each other at Sugarplum's.

James and Sarah Potter caught up with us, and we all how funny this random occurrence was.

The hectic surroundings of Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes didn't allow us to talk for very long. As soon as the parents started using old people terms like "kids these days" and "when we were kids," Sloane and I seperated ourselves from our parents.

We were walking around, looking for interesting products, when I accidentally walked straight into a boy who was about eleven years old, with sleek platinum blonde hair. He was carrying a long box of nosebleed nougats and portable swamps.

"Next time, you had ought to look where you're going," he said in a snotty tone. I disliked him immediately. He seemed to think that he could boss me around. I would show him.

"Maybe you're the one who should watch out next time," I said, returning his nasty glare. He seemed like he was going to retort something horrid back to me, but instead, he turned around and stalked away angrily, as if I wasn't worth it.

Sloane and I looked at each other and grinned. We were not going to let people walk all over us.

We walked back to our parents, agreeing not to tell them about our encounter with the rude boy. They might not be on our side, and say that we should've ignored him.

Both of our families talked and exchanged stories as we walked back to the Leaky Cauldron. We made plans to get together sometime during Christmas Break, and with that, we set off into the muggle world, our pockets full of magical sweets and pranks.