nine - the date pt.2

extra media:

SATURDAY • MARCH 21, 2015

Shawn sent Sofia non-stopping inconspicuous glances throughout the silent car ride, which only caused Sofia to notice and grow annoyed by him. "What is your deal, Shawn?" she questioned, and turned to him, a vexed expression on her face. "I know it's hard to not check me out, but I'd rather you not look at me."

The boy at the driver seat let out a laugh and grinned. "I just wanted to start a conversation, but I guess you started it for me. Thank you."

"You're not welcome." She retorted, rolling her eyes and looking out the window once again. All she saw was brief cars, trees, and blurs, as Shawn drove a little bit passed the speed limit. "Can you just tell me where we're going and how much longer it's going to take? I hate surprises and I hate being in a car with you. Your presence is giving me diseases."

"We're arriving...just about...now." Shawn announced while he slowed his car and made a turn, and Sofia realized that they were going to the beach. Once he stopped his vehicle on one of the many empty parking spots, Sofia gave him a negative look. "What?" he shrugged. "You don't like the beach? I think it's romantic."

"No, I like the beach...when the sun is out! No one goes at the beach at night - that means there won't be any hot dudes surfing or walking around shirtless. And how am I going to tan, Shawn?"

Shawn shook his head, still grinning. "Just come out, Sofia. Trust me." He opened the car door and exited, shutting the car door.

She was alone. "Just come out, Sofia. Trust me." She mocked him in a pitchy voice, opening the car door, hopping out. She slammed it closed. "Okay, what now?"

"Hang on for a minute. I have to pay for parking." Shawn mumbled and locked his car before ambling towards the paying machine, taking out his wallet. Sofia watched Shawn insert bills and press a few buttons, and she scolded herself in her mind for finding him cute - how he focused intently on the machine, his lips slightly pursed.

"What is your deal, Sofia? I know it's hard to not check me out, but I'd rather you not look at me." Shawn mimicked her words while he turned back to face her, tucking a reciept and his wallet into his pocket.

Sofia crossed her arms, not showing that she was defeated, and rolled her eyes. "Shut up. I'll kill you." She warned and turned her heel, truding away from him and walking towards the beach. Shawn caught up to her by jogging, and he attempted to hold her hand, but she just swatted his hand away, earning a chortle from him.

"Okay, so, we start our walk here." Shawn gestured to the beach as he stepped onto the sand, motioning for Sofia to follow him. She stayed standing where she stopped, staring at him like he was a maniac. "What now, Sof?"

She pointed to her plain, white Vans shoes. "Duh! I can't step on sand; it would ruin my shoes!"

"Goodness..." Shawn whispered to himself, sighing and groaning as he walked back to the girl. He bent down in front of her and she smiled smugly, climbing onto his back and wrapping her arms around his neck. He began to walk across the beach.