Chapter 9

Cameron's throat burned, as she glared at the man standing before her. That same familiar smile, and eyes...everything, striking her like a dagger.

        "Cameron, you OK", Nate asked, concern in his eyes.

She swallowed and gave Nate a reassuring smile. "I'm fine".

Katelyn cleared her throat. "Well guys, this is Danny", she said in excitement.
Danny smiled and stretched his hands out to Nate for a handshake.

       "Nice to meet you", Nate murmured with a stiff smile.

Danny nodded and turned to Cameron, his smile broadening. "Hello", he said, his hands again, outstretched.

     Cameron hesitated, then took his hands for a shake. The handshake lingered for longer than Cameron wanted or expected, but she forcefully pulled her hand from his, and gave him a stiff smile.
    She glanced at Nate and Katelyn, but fortunately, they didn't seem to notice what happened.

      "Hon, Nate is my brother, and Cameron is his fiancée", Katelyn provided, clinging to Danny's arms like a child to a bunny.

    His brows shot up in surprise, but he quickly masked it with a smile. "Congrats".

       "Thanks man", Nate exclaimed.

      "You're a very lucky man", he said, glaring at Cameron, his eyes scanning every inch of her body.

There was an awkward silence.

     "Come on hon. I want you to meet my parents", Katelyn announced, pulling Danny in her direction. She gave Cameron a venomous glare, then spun on his heels.

        "Do you know that guy?", Nate asked immediately when Katelyn was out of sight.

Cameron swallowed. "Uhh- no. He looked familiar at first but no. I don't know him", she lied.

     "Good", Nate ground out, although his tone was unconvincing.
Cameron sighed, as she grabbed a drink from a passing waiter, drinking it down in one gulp to hide her nervousness.

                        ****

     After talking to numerous amount of people, and having to fake every second of it; Cameron decided that she needed some fresh air. She burst through the front door, the loud chattering and laughing turning to muffled sounds. She strolled in the huge garden that was in front of the house, hugging her shoulders when the impact of the night's air pricked her skin.
     She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh scents of flowers that decorated the garden.

         "Well, well. If it isn't the beautiful Cameron Crawford".

Cameron's eyes immediately flew open, as she recognized the voice.
     Danny was sitting on a small bench, his arms folded, and a smirk on his face.

Cameron sighed. "F*ck you want?", she hissed.

Danny's smirk broadened, turning into a grin. "Still have that snake's tongue I see".

    Cameron rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here?", she asked through clenched teeth.

He shrugged. "Well, as you clearly saw earlier. I'm Kate's boyfriend".

       "Oh, cut the crap! We both know that you're only after her money", Cameron ground out sharply.

Danny stood and tucked his hands in his pockets. "That may be so, but I could say the same for you", he said cocking a challenging brow.

Cameron stiffened. "I- I love Nate", she said, her tone betraying her words.

Danny snorted. "I'd give anything to see the day you fall in love", he laughed.

         "Think what you want", Cameron retorted, as she spun on her heels to leave. She came to a halt when she felt large hands encasing her arms. She spun around so fast she stumbled, but Danny grabbed her by the waist. He was so close, she could feel his breath against her skin.

         "We both know I'm the only person you ever loved", he whispered against her ear.

Cameron shivered. "And we both know, what a huge mistake that was", she sneered.
He chuckled as his hands crept below her waist, and slightly squeezed her bottom.

Cameron slapped away his hand. "Don't f*ck around!", she snapped.

        "Too late", he grinned, releasing his hold on her.

She threw him an icy gaze then strolled off.

        "We both know, you're not the type men marry Cammy!", Danny called. "They only f*ck your type and discard", he laughed.

      Cameron quickly walked back to the house, a bit shaken by Danny's words. He was always that type of person to rattle one's mental state. In high school it was the same thing. She'd thought Danny was a nice person, and so she went ahead and had foolishly fell in love with him. Danny however, used that to his advantage and played her like a puppet; made her do things that made her feel sick, just thinking about it.
      Cameron sighed. He always had a way of getting what he wanted, no matter the consequences, and she had a feeling the family reunion would feel the effect of Danny's evil ways.

___________________________________

So....do you guys like Danny? Let me know :)
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to vote and comment.
Laters baby
-juju