chapter 8

Hinata stopped at the top of the hokage monument. "Somethings wrong...my byakugan can't see through this genjutsu."

Naruto nodded, able to see through it because his chakra was constantly disrupted by his chakra bubble. "I can see... but I'll tell you two how later."

Shikamaru nodded. "Troublesome, but I guess it'd be something you learned with Arashi, right?"

"Yeah, I ca-" The genjutsu around them faded, revealing a dozen ninjas dressed in black, all with red eyes, and Kurenai on the ground in a pool of her own blood. "R-run!"

Hinata summoned her bow and activated her byakugan.

Naruto crouched low, a feral look on his face.

Shikamaru squatted then touched his fingertips and thumb tips. Thinking of a way out or to fight.

The first three that charged were taken out by a fast release of arrows.

Then all of them charged, only to all be stopped in their tracks by Shikamaru's shadow possession jutsu.

"Good job, Shika. Watch this! Fuuton: Great Breakthrough!!!" Naruto yelled, doing a couple handsigns, then completely over charging the jutsu with chakra.

The wind blast that Naruto bellowed out was easily a hurricane class wind. The normally C class jutsu became A class. Trees toppled over, grass and dirt were ripped from the ground, random pebbles and debris became lethal projectiles, and the remaining ninja were killed by a combination of those things.

"Hinata, use your byakugan. See if there's any more enemies. Naruto, you provide cover. I'll carry Kurenai sensei since I've got the least combat ability." Shikamaru said with authority, defying his normal laid back attitude.

"Very good, you all handled yourselves very well." Kurenai said as she faded into view between then and the dead bodies vanished. She smiled at them. "Together not even a day and behaving like a team."

Shikamaru glanced at her and cursed. "I got too caught up in the situation and momentarily forgot your specialty, it won't happen again."

"You're really cool, Kurenai-sensei!" Naruto beamed.

"Thank you, Naruto. That was a very impressive wind jutsu, by the way." She complimented, making his cheeks tinge pink in embarassment.

Hinata let her bow be resealed.

"You've all passed my test. Every genin team goes through a test to see if they're worthy of being genin. Let's get to know each other a bit okay? Tell me your name, likes, dislikes, dreams, hobbies, etc. I'll start... my name is Kurenai Yuuhi, also known as Genjutsu Mistress. I like red bean soup, I dislike perverts, I dream of teaching you three to become excellent ninja, my only real hobby is designing new genjutsu. Hinata you can go next." Kurenai explained thoroughly.

Hinata nodded. I'm Hinata Hyuuga. I like training, flower pressing, and archery. I dislike people who are mean to my precious people. My dream is-um.... private..." she stole a shy glance at Naruto.

Naruto grinned. "Naruto Uzumaki! I like ramen, training, and learning about my clan. I hate how long it takes to cook ramen and people who look down on me. My dream is to be hokage! I don't really have a hobby."

Shikamaru sighed and layer on his back. "Shikamaru Nara. I like things that aren't Troublesome or a drag. I don't like things that are. My dream is to have a completely average life and marry a girl who isn't too ugly or too pretty and have two kids. Then retire at a decent age."

Naruto snorted. " I honestly should've expected that..."

"Okay, you've got the rest of the day off. Be at training ground five tomorrow for team training." Kurenai said, before turning and walking away.
___________________________

"Alright, how did our young genin do?" The hokage asked the four jonin in front of him.

Arashi crossed his arms. "Team two failed...horribly. they didn't have the balls."

"How so, Arashi-san?" Kurenai asked.

______flash back team two test_____

Arashi explained to the three in front of him that he wanted them to sign a release form that frees him of any charges should they be killed or maimed during the test, then said that the test was a fight between them and him.

Needless to say, they ran away. ...quickly.
____flash back end____________

Hiruzen chuckled at that. "Why on earth would you test them that way?"

"It was my genin test. We banded together and fought our teacher, who had far more skill than us. We didn't win but Naikada-sensei just wanted us to work together. " Arashi explained.

Asuma spoke up. "How long ago was that? You look to be in your twenties, but I've never heard that name before."

Arashi smirked. "Let's just say I'm far older than I look." He winked at the kage in front of him.

Hiruzen kept his face neutral but inside he freaked out. The regeneration! If your cells constantly regenerate you could become immortal! I'll have to ask him about that later...

The rest of the teams passed, though Kakashi was still mad he didn't get Naruto.