25. Learning (CALM)

Luke:

It was about that time. Your entire family had unanimously decided (without your input) that it was time for you to learn how to drive. Furthermore, since you lived with him, it was voted that Luke should be your teacher. Now, there is nothing wrong with Luke, he has many talents, unfortunately, none of them are patience. Indeed, he had a tendency to become uncharacteristically irritated with you over the smallest things. Overall, he just wasn't that great of a teacher. The situation was worsened by your lack of enthusiasm in the subject. You really were terrified of driving, it seemed like you were always just about to hit something, and it stressed you out. So, when he called you down for your first 'lesson' you knew that you were in for it.

"Y/N! HURRY UP! WE'RE GONNA DRIVE IN CIRCLES FOR AN HOUR!" He yelled up to you, clearly just as enthusiastic about the situation as you were. You walked out of your room to meet him, but grabbed your lucky bracelet on the way because you really didn't want to risk it.

"COMING! Where exactly are we going?" You put your hair up and stretched a little, because the stress was already starting to knot together your tense muscles.

"Somewhere you won't hit anything." He responded dryly, ushering you out to the car and getting in the drivers seat.

"Pay attention, it might help you out later." He nodded in your direction before taking off, taking you to an unknown destination.

Along the way, it became more and more clear that you would not be taking any notes from Luke's careful driving as you could not focus on the road. It took all of your concentration to pretend to be calm. Luke must have noticed because he patted your head affectionately while never taking his eyes off of the road in front of him. The rest of the ride was a blur, and somehow you ended up in the middle of a dusty old field.

Luke turned off the car and handed you the keys.

"Ready?" He sounded strange, but you brushed it off, nodding and stepping out, walking around to the drivers side. Luke climbed in next to you, and shut the door tight, before buckling his seat-belt and checking to make sure it was secure. You watched in amusement as he gripped the handle on the ceiling and sent you a strained smile. It was clear now that Luke was just as terrified of you driving as you were yourself, and it gave you a new found confidence. It seems that Luke's disturbing lack of faith opened up a new door for you, one full of pure concentration. Sibling rivalry. Everyone knows that nothing is better motivation than one upping your sibling, and Luke had sparked your inner race car driver.

"I was born ready." You smiled, and you turned the car back on, shifted into gear, then took off. It was exhilarating, even if you really didn't know how to drive and was just making high-speed loops, you felt amazing. Rolling down the window, you started hooting and screaming out in joy as the car went faster and faster, making the wind whip through your hair. You paid no attention to Luke's frantic screaming, he was just being a worry-wart like usual.

You continued to drive all through the field, leaving massive tire marks wherever Luke's huge truck drove. Eventually, you began to bore, and so turned the radio on full blast. You were full on sing-screaming along to All Time Low when the music cut abruptly, making you frown and come to an abrupt stop.

"What was that for?" You pouted, turning to Luke, but he didn't say anything, just jumped out the door. You sat there confused and irritated until it became clear that Luke was vomiting on the ground.

"You suck." Was all he said when he got back in the car. You winced, but didn't say anything, letting him wash out his mouth with some water and pop a piece of gum first.

"I thought that it went rather well." You said indignantly, crossing your arms and turning up your nose.

"Maybe you don't understand, the goal of the driver ISN'T TO MAKE EVERYONE IN THE CAR PUKE!" He screeched, pointing to the puddle of partially digested food strewn across the ground.