Chapter Eleven

{Chapter Eleven}

The fact that it's been nearly a month since I've began this project, leaving me with only a week left of the project, feels weird. It's not the fact that the project is nearly over, it's more the fact that I've been with Ian for what seems like more than a mere two weeks. I feel like I've known him my whole life when in reality it hasn't been more than a month.

"How do you feel about him now?" Lydia questions and I glance at her from my bed in confusion.

"Who?"

"Jer." I sigh, shutting my eyes tightly as I try unsuccessfully to not picture him.

"Lydia," I start in irritation. We had previously agreed not to talk about Jer; if not because talking about him leads to me thinking about him, then because I'm supposed to be getting over him and talking about him only makes that harder.

"I'm sorry, I just want to know. I mean you are with Ian right now so shouldn't you be thinking of him, and not some other guy." I can't say that I don't agree with her, she has a good point.

"I don't know." I reply honestly because as much as I want to stop feeling something for Jer, I can't. I can't just stop, it doesn't work that way. I can only hope to get over him while the time passes.

"Levy," she starts and my eyes dart to her. She looks hesitant to say the next part and drops her eyes. "That's not right." She finishes in a whisper and I sigh in aggravation.

"Do you think I don't know that? Do you think I want these feelings for Jer? Do you think I don't know how unfair this is to Ian?" I demand with anger pulsing through me. I'm not mad at Lydia, I'm mad at myself because she's right. I run a hand down my face before running it through my hair and finally I look at Lydia.

"Look, I need to get my homework done for English. I'll see you later." I state. She looks reluctant to leave but gets off my bed anyway and walks to my bedroom door.

"I'll talk to you later." I nod at that and she leaves without another word. I sigh heavily and slump back in my chair.

After a few minutes I decide to do more work on my paper to get my mind off of everything. So I take out my notebook that I've designated for the notes I've taken at my mom's work. I flip a couple pages into where I left off and after I open the document in my computer I begin to write more of the paper.

~ ~ ~

I sigh at last when I've finished the next part of the paper but then realize I don't have anything else to occupy my time with. I stare at my computer screen for more than ten minutes as I try to think of something to do, other than think. I drum my fingers on my laptop, tapping a few random keys and listening to clicking before I stop to pull my phone out of my pocket.

I unlock it and decide to ask Jess if she wants to hang out, considering Ian is busy with his dad. Though, that only reminds me that I still haven't met Ian's step mom. And he never really talks about her either, it makes me wonder where she is, considering I've been to his house a couple times and haven't seen a single sign of her in the house. I don't get a chance to think any more about it because Jess replies to my message with an agreement and tells me to meet her at the mall.

I roll my eyes with a small sigh at that because I really don't want to go to the mall but I pack my things nonetheless. I grab my wallet and keys before I leave the house, calling out that I'm going out to whoever is home. I slide in my car and after I let it warm up I head to the mall.

"Levy!" Jess yells from across the food court when she sees me. I roll my eyes but go over there, ignoring the numerous sets of eyes following me.