Chapter 35: Next Day

Wednesday, September 23rd

(Y/n) walked towards her school in a melancholic manner, still stressing over the events of yesterday and hoped that the horrendous atmosphere finally melted away to leave her old friends behind. She waited at the gate to see the twins, expecting to turn the world back on its feet and the girl didn't have to wait a long time before the more feminine girl appeared with a solemn expression carved into her features. Despite the stomping of her hopes, (Y/n) put on her usual bright smile and approached the girl, preparing to talk to her. "Lala! Guess what I saw on the internet yesterday, there was this guy that..." (Y/n) ceased her speech as the other female walked past her, seemingly not even noticing the girl's presence. "L-Lala, hold on, I'm not-" the (h/c) haired student went to gently take her friend's wrist and inveigle a reaction, only for her to rip her hand away in a disgusted manner and continue walking away. "Are you kidding me...?" She slouched at the false hopes she created for herself and then noticed the female's brother also appearing. "Kenzan, do you have any insight." She depended on the boy to positively tell her any type of uplifting news. However, the male sadly shook his head and heavily sighed.

"Sorry (Y/n). They practically separated their room into two sections and haven't even talked to each other since yesterday." (Y/n) wistfully slumped at the brutal probity of the boy.

"I don't know what to do anymore..." Kenzan frowned at the girl's envenomed attitude and gently smiled at her.

"Come on, I've got some good news to tell ya too." (Y/n) sighed and forced on a slight smile to make the effort of being positive.

"Alright, what is it?" But before the boy could properly utter a word, he was interrupted by the presence of a third person.

"Good morning (Y/n)...leach." He quietly added the appointed greeting towards the other male.

"E-excuse me?" Kenzan seemed puzzled as to whether he had heard the name the intellectual used to describe him.

"Don't pay him any attention, he's always like this at the start." (Y/n) waves off the comment and turned back her focus on the boy. "Anyway, what were you saying?" Kaito scornfully frowned at the girl's dismissal of his presence and silently glared at the object of her attention.

"W-well, I was going to tell you that I managed to get recommended in the DigiPen Institute of Technology! They just might save me a place there after high school!" (Y/n) took a moment to process the newly given information and as the news sunk in, her lips stretched into a smile of pride. She leaped into the boy's arms, jumping with excitement at his providence.

"I'm so happy for you! Does this mean you have a better chance of becoming a game designer now?!" As the boy gleefully nodded, (Y/n) hopped on one spot, every worry in the world seeming to disappear for a second, leaving behind the better version of her. While the scene played out, Kaito could only stare in astonishment at how easy it was for the other male to assist the girl's mood. He cracked his neck to release the muscle tension building up from the blood pressure and attempted to ignore the delighted sounding (Y/n). "This is absolutely great! When did you find out?!"

"Yesterday I was sent an e-mail from the University. It said they'll consider my attendance. Fingers crossed for a positive answer." He tightly hugged the girl, who returned his embrace and spun her around, forcing a gagging sensation to emerge in Kaito's throat. "You're the only one I'm telling, well, besides my sisters and parents. I feel like this is a bit too special to just spread around so mum's the word." He placed a finger to his lips and gave her secretive wink while she returned the gesture. "Let's keep this our little thing~"

'Patience, patience...' The cold-eyed boy pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to drown out the blissful vocals of the female. 'We spend the entirety of last night comforting her and this parasite brightens up her day within 2 minutes?'