12

__________

_______
___

Your POV:

"We need more money for her new medication that was prescribed for her. Our insurance doesn't cover it." Andrew sat me down on the couch, he had his elbows propped on his knees, hiding his face as he ran his hands through his hair out of frustration.

"What happened to the other money?" Talking about issues like this was very stressful, especially when it was last minute. I wasn't the best about dealing with events like these.

Andrew stood up to find another coping mechanism. I'm surprised he hasn't lost his hair yet from how much he messes with his hair. This man already wanted a mullet. Maybe I should tell him to get one before he pulls a royal look, and not the good one.

   Andrew stood in front of me with his hands on his hips. "I mainly spend it on the house, car, and food for you guys. I'm trying to work up a promotion, but it's almost impossible to get it so soon." I felt guilty for not doing anything to help. Who am I to complain about life when my brother is out here sweating day and night to provide a stable life for all of us. How selfish can I be.

"Y/N, can we go to the park!" Eleanor ran in the room and lunged towards me on the couch, I mentally prepared myself from how aggressive she can get with hugs. "Ah! Hey Eli." She wrapped her arms around my stomach while she looked up on me with her legs dangled off the couch. "Can we go?" She asked once more.

"Oh, not right now. We're both talking about something important." She only frowned, making it much harder to resist, she was that kid, the kid who can easily make you realize "maybe kids aren't that bad." Eli pulls the impossible.

"After we talk, we can go to an ice cream place. How does that sound?" Her eyes lit up.

   "Now go get dressed," I said as I pushed her head off of me.

"Ouch."

  Eli just stayed there, staring at me with her lips straightened, no emotion on her face. My eyes glanced at Andrew, who only shrugged his shoulders. "You okay?" I poked her shoulder to get her attention.

"Can I wear my princess dress that mom gave me?" I looked at her like she was a crazy woman. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't be embarrassed to go out like that. Don't get me wrong, she should definitely express herself, she's a little girl, but something inside me didn't really like the attention.

"Well, you can't wear a play princess dress in public." Her face fell, and for a second, I swear I saw a quick anger flash behind her eyes. "Yes you can. Can you dress like a princess with me?"

I heard Andrew chuckle, but quickly saved it by pretending to cough, I only glared at him.

"Please." Eleanor sounded like she was demanding it, not begging. I mentally felt myself gulp from how scared I was, so I nodded to avoid anything. The little girl smiled and acted completely normal, like nothing happened, she totally didn't go psycho a few seconds ago. She stormed upstairs to quickly get dressed.