13

_________

______
___

Your pov:

    "Mr. Jones will see you now," the receptionist instructed, standing up from her office, opening the main door to his office.

I shot up, adjusting my professional slacks before I gave her a quiet 'thank you', walking past her. A waft of her strong feminine perfume stung my nostrils, making me a little nauseous. She forced a smile and nodded, slowly closing the door when I was fully in the room.

"Ahh Ms.Y/L, please sit." The man threw his arms in the air with a welcoming look. "Thank you for taking the time for this interview sir. It means a lot." I made my way to one of the seats in front of her, sitting on the edge to come off as ready and professional.

"No problem! So, let's get on with this." He clapped his hands together, the sound echoing the bland room. I took the resume from my hand, sliding it in front of him to look at, he picked up the paper in a rush, immediately studying everything.

"Pretty young to be working at a place like this buddy," he said with a small chuckle, keeping his gaze on the paper. "Yes, I know sir. But I guarantee you, I'll get the job done here."

"Confident. I need more of that in my business." I smiled to myself. "It says here...you worked at a family music business?" He arched an eyebrow and looked away from the paper to turn his attention to me.

My heart started to beat fast within seconds. My dad used to have a local music store in the town and I worked around there in my free time. It was so long ago that I forgot it was in my resume, it was just put for job experienced, that's all. The label of content had nothing to do with what kind of job I wanted.

"Are you gonna answer me?"

"Uh, sorry sir. Yes I have." I started to feel myself uncomfortable under his stare, so my eyes started to look around, not only making them land on his. It was unprofessional, but looking away helps.

"Look-" he place the paper down, putting his hands together and interlocking his fingers, he sighed. "This is a tough business that I think you don't qualify for. All these jobs are something small. You just aren't quite experienced."

I wanted to sink into my seat from the words I've just heard, I wouldn't mind if I exploded here and now.

"But with that said, I do have a friend who owns a music company nearby. I could definitely recommend you to him and pull in a request interview for you." My face lit up with a glint of hope.

  "Are you serious?" It slipped out of my mouth from excitement.

"Of course! A girl like you with talent and looks. You never know what will happen. I'll contact him this evening. I'll call you for any information," he said as he stood up from his seat, reaching out his hand to me. I reciprocated his action and shook his hand.

"Thank you so much sir."

_____

    "Andrew, you bastard!" I ran towards him, jumping on his back. He almost lost his balance, but quickly gripped onto the table to regain himself, preventing us from falling. "Woah woah steady. What happened? Did you get the job?"

I jumped off his back, he turned around gesturing me to continue, but I just smiled and shook my head. "Then why are you so smiley?"

"Well, since we both worked at dad's music place and know about almost anything when it comes to an instrument, apparently he has a friend who works at a music company. He's setting me an appointment there!" His face completely melted, smiling from cheek to cheek, and hugged me tightly.

"I..can't..breathe." I mumbled. I swore I heard something crack, the man was lifting me from the ground. He gave me a quick 'sorry', putting me down almost immediately.

"I'm gonna tell mom!"

I quickly rushed upstairs, skipping some steps, even though I had a major risk of falling, and knowing how clumsy I am, it was a huge risk.

I barged into the room, sprinting straight to her. "Mom! Guess what!" I said excitingly, poking her shoulder in hopes to grab her attention fast. "You got the job?" She said weakly.

"No." I shook my head and smiled. She looked at me weirdly. "I got another job interview!" Her face resembled to Andrew, you could tell they were easily related from how similar their expressions were.

"Oh that's great! What happened to the other one?"

"He gave me a better opportunity."

______

    I sat in the seat, uncomfortably shifting around. The seat was stiff and every time I moved, the chair would move, it was unbelievably annoying.

"Y/N, he's here to see you know," a guy said as he held a clipboard, not once looking at me. His attention was on the clipboard. I stood up from my seat, but right when I started to walk, the floor appeared to be recently wiped, because I felt myself slip a little. My balance was thrown off, but I caught myself.

Looking at the guy, he was still looking at his clipboard with no expression on his face. Weird.

I walked inside the office too see the back of his chair facing me. The man was staring out the large glass windows, watching the cars go by. "Sit down please." His voice was deep and stern. He meant business.

I immediately sat down in one of the seats and played with my fingers nervously. "So, my friend Mr. Jones, said you're experienced." He spun his chair around, making his face visible. "Um y-yes." I mentally wanted to pinch myself for stuttering in front of the man.

"Well, I am desperate for someone to work here because the last guy quit. I mean, he died, but that's not the point. My point is, you're hired. I looked over your resume, so you're good to go." I tried wrapping my head around at what he just said, I swear that was all over the place, he talked to damn fast.

"Are you serious, sir?" I was in shock after I fully comprehended what he was saying.  "Yes. Be here tomorrow after school."

  "Wow. Thank you so much Mr..." I soon realized I didn't know catch his name which was so rude of me. "Just call me Mike." He stood up from his chair and stuck his hand out. Getting up from my seat, I confidently shook his hand, granting a smile from how happy I was. "Thank you Mike." The joy in my voice was obvious.

He chuckled and said, "make sure to make copies and print properly. It's quite easy."

I looked at him confused. I retrieved my hand back, "what do you mean sir?"

"You're gonna print the workers' papers here and hand it to them. There's some other duties included with it."

"So an intern?" I felt disappointed. "Technically no. You're gonna earn fifteen every hour."

Holy shit.

_______
updated: 7/1/21

filler chapter