chapter 9

The next few weeks went by slowly for the team. Team training consisted of the three of them fight g either Kurenai, or Kurenai's friend Anko Mitarashi...whom the three genin had grown quite scared of.

Finally something broke the chain.

"Team Kurenai requests a more difficult mission. I believe the three of them can handle a C rank." Kurenai stated formally.

The three genin behind her smiled proudly.

The elderly kage nodded. "Very well. There is a man building a bridge in the land of waves and he needs protection against bandits, thugs, and the like. Do you accept?"

Kurenai nodded and accepted the folder Hiruzen gave her.

An older man walked into the room. "Are these the ninja my good money got me? They look like super brats! Look at the blonde one, he's too short to threaten anyone! Wait is that the jonin I get? A woman?!?! How will she protect me? At least we'll have decent food on the trip."

Kurenai grabbed Naruto's collar before he could charge the man. "What the hell did you say about my sensei you drunk basrard!!!!"

Kurenai internally smiled at how Naruto tried to defend her from this...man...

Idly she noticed a seal on Naruto's belt similar to Hinata's. Maybe he can use a bow as well?

"Calm down Naruto. Sensei doesn't care what this ass hole says, she's above such things." Hinata rubbed his shoulder slightly.

Naruto calmed instantly at her touch. "You're right...he's not worth it..."

Kurenai coughed into her hand. "Be at the northern gate in one our with enough supplies to last two weeks."

"Shikamaru, you want a ride? We are gonna shunshin to our houses." Hinata asked.

Shikamaru sighed. "Yeah it'd be a drag if I had to walk the whole way."

Naruto placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'll take you, I'm closer." Then all three genin vanished in a flicker.

Tazuna's eyes widened. "W-What was that?"

"A short range teleport at ion technique. It's very difficult to use in combat without a doujutsu and requires excellent memory because you could appear in the path of oncoming attacks or into traps." Kurenai explained.

"Could you use that to get me to the land of waves?" He asked seriously.

Kurenai almost said no, but realized it was possible. "It would take a huge amount of chakra to do that, more than I've got....but...Naruto may could. We won't be doing that today because it would separate the group. Shunshin costs more chakra the longer distance you go and if we have to fight, being low on chakra isn't an option."
___________________________________

"Arashi-nii! I've got a,C rank mission!" Naruto bellowed as he entered his house.

No one spoke up so Naruto sent two shadow clones to pack his stuff and he went out to the back yard/training field.

What he found was Arashi wearing only his pants and boots, sweat gleaming off his body and a fierce grin on his face. Anko stood across from him without her trench coat and a pair of tanto in her hands.

"You're training Anko-san?" Naruto asked.

Anko smirked and liked her lips. "Actually Gaki, it's called foreplay."

Naruto quirk ed an eyebrow. "Foreplay? The hell is that?"

Anko grinned and created a shadow clone who grabbed Naruto's arm and dragged him upstairs. "I'll give him the talk Arashi-kun!"

"Should I be worried, Anko-chan?" Arashi chuckled.

She laughed maniacally as she charged. Spinning with her tantos, Arashi dodged easily, only taking minor cuts that healed immediatly.
___________________________

"I hope Naru-kun is okay..." Hinata said, twiddling her fingers.

Kurenai nodded, slightly irritated that he was late, then he appeared via-shunshin.

His face was bright red and he carried his pack with his belonging hanging out of it partially. His expression was completely shocked.

"Naruto are you okay?" Kurenai asked.

Naruto nodded. "I-...um..just... I'm late..."

Kurenai wanted to ask what'd happened but left it alone. "Alright team, let's head out."

_________________________________

Chains circled Kurenai in an instant. "One down!!!"

The chains had sharp spikes and we're attached to the gauntlets of two men. The men had mangy brown hair and feral looks about them, but the most obvious thing...was that they were twins.

They tightened their chains and tore Kurenai to pieces of flesh blood and bone.

Shikamaru hurled a Kunai at the closest one but it was easily dodged. Naruto leapt forward in anger, dark power rippling through him. "You killed my sensei!!!! RAAAAAGH!"

Naruto brought both fist down on the first man, slamming him into the ground with a heavy thud. Blood seeped from his mouth.

"Dozu! You brat!" The other yelled, then took a swipe at Naruto's head, only for it to be caught and Naruto reared his fists back, his eyes gaining a red rim around the pupils. KILL!DESTROY!MAIM!OBLITERATE!MYRDER!!!!!!!

"Naruto!" Naruto stopped at Kurenai's voice, the man went pale and fainted, affected by a genjutsu from Kurenai.

Kurenai stepped forward and placed her hands on his shoulders. "It's alright. I'm okay, I needed to see how you three would react."

Naruto nodded, frightened by that voice that screamed in his mind just then.

Then Naruto fainted, caught by Kurenai. She was yelling something but Naruto couldn't hear.

When he reopened his eyes he was ankle deep in water, directly in front of a massive cage.

"Kid, we have a problem..." A deep voice from behind the cage made the water ripple outward.

Naruto stepped closer, revealing a massive orange, nine tailed, angry looking fox.

"Uh, hi?" Naruto waved at the creature, earning a scoff.

A boy Naruto's age stepped into the light with Naruto.

Naruto noted the boy looked a lot himself.

The boy was identical to Naruto, except his eyes were blood red, his hair was black, he wore skin tight black and gold clothes, and he had an aura of vicious hatred.

"Naruto do not listen to him, he-"

"Gonna listen to some pathetic demon that is the entire reason that your life sucked ass til Arashi came?" The boy asked. "Or will you listen to me? I'm you, or rather... what you could be. If you listen to my advice, you could be unstoppable. You could be the hokage, you could be the hokage of all five great shinobi villages, you could have this world buried beneath the palm of your hand."

Something about the way the boy smiled as he spoke set Naruto on edge. "Kyuubi...were you the one screaming in my mind while I fought?"

"No...that was the thing in front of you. He is the accumulation of all the hate, pain, and anguish you've ever felt and gone through. My power is leaking into you but it's affecting him as well, making him stronger. " Then the fox was violently shoved into the back of the cage.

"Noone asked you, Demon Fox." The black haired boy sneered. "Naruto, do you want power? Or do you w-"
___________________________

Naruto opened his eyes to find he could see pale skin and long shiny black hair.