Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 15:  "Are you up for a little adventure with me?"

Song chapter: Wrong One by Jack and Jack

Aria Evans

"Get in the closet!"

My push was hard and fast as we collapsed in the closet, clamped together, breaths tangling.

"Didn't have to be so harsh."

I shushed Zander quickly when we heard footsteps. My heart pounding faster by the second.

Closing my eyes briefly, I did the only thing that I could of done at the moment, I prayed.

I prayed that we wouldn't get caught.

Few hours before

I typed a message to Dylan on the school's computer, this being the 20th message with no shame.

He was my bestfriend after all. I had the right to be worried.

The last class of the day was done a few minuets ago and I found myself at the schools library, waiting for a particular bad boy who still hadn't showed up.

I thought he was kidding when he said he had no idea where the library even was.

The poor thing was probably lost.

Just as I stood up to go look for him, the one and only Zander Bue entered, a pleasant smirk placed on his face.

My gazed dropped down to the plastic doll that was in his arms as he stood in front of me.

"Am I a bad mother if I say I totally forgot about the plastic baby doll?"

"It's just been a period, how can you forget about Zeke so quickly?"

"You named it Zeke?"

Zander grimaced, his frown prominent with disappointment.

"Yes, I named him Zeke, why?"

I stared in awe, my smile widening in adoration. He cared about the plastic doll, he named it into his family tradition.

And hearing me call the doll 'it' made him angry. I laughed louder than I should have, seeing as we were in a library. But I didn't care at the moment, this was funny.

"Why are you laughing?"

I waved him off, biting my lip to stop my smiling. Zander looked annoyed, his frown deep and his eyebrows furrowed.