Chapter 8: Seriously? A Fashion Show?

It was Friday morning and I woke up with a smile on my face, which obviously isn't something I do on a daily basis. I mean come on, who doesn't love Fridays? Knowing that Saturday was my only day off and that it was literally just around the corner always put me in a really good mood.

After getting ready in a jiffy, I ran downstairs, passed by the kitchen and landed a kiss on my dad's cheek before heading out for the day. I inhaled through my nose and exhaled from my mouth, taking notice of the cloudy sky above me.

Perfect weather. This day honestly couldn't get any better. *Mentally fist pumping* TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF!!!

My phone began to ring and I pulled it out of my side bag as I walked towards the bus stop. "Hey Mr Ramirez, what's up?"

"You aren't at the café yet, are you?"

Oh sweet mother of Pringles, is he planning on firing me via phone call? Wussy move man.

"Erm, I'm not. I can explain, I'm at the bus stop right no-"

"Thank goodness,"

???

"I need you to do me a favour and by favour I mean you must do it and I won't take no for an answer."

Someone clearly doesn't know the definition of the word 'favour'.

"Okay?"

"Make a stop for me at Mario's place before you head to work. Order sugar, disposable coffee cups and napkins. maroon coloured napkins, can you do that?"

"Of course Mr Ramirez."

"Then head to work afterwards, I'll be there by two o'clock."

And then he hung up. Rude much?

***

After running the errand Mr Ramirez assigned to me, I was a whooping hour and twenty minutes late. Even if I had a legitimate excuse for being late, Bethany would definitely have something to say. Boy, will I never hear the end of it when she confronts me. Bracing myself for the torture ahead, I pushed the café doors open and walked inside.

A part of me was wondering whether or not Thomas showed up for my daily dose of annoyance, but as soon as I walked into the café, I noticed that he wasn't there. In fact, no one was. Not one person. Not even the freaking staff.

Astonished by the fact that I might actually be the first person to arrive, I slowly made my way to the backroom. Of course I wasn't the first to make it, if everyone was running late or weren't coming in at all, Alexander would still have to be here because the doors were unlocked. Alexander's another waiter, but he's somehow related to Mr Ramirez, so he gets the keys from his place every morning to open up the café. I've never actually had a proper conversation with the guy, he's always struck me as the antisocial type, so I never really bother with him.

I walked into the backroom and made my way to the lockers. To my surprise, I noticed everyone in Mr Ramirez's office, huddled around the computer on his desk. Even freaking Alexander was there. As I walked closer towards them, I couldn't help but notice their facial expressions. A crazy mixture. Confusion. Surprise. Bewilderment.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked when I reached the door frame of the office.

Their eyeballs detached from the screen and focused on me, all four pairs of them. I had all eyes on me, literally and not in the way that phrase means it by. Starting to feel uncomfortable under their gazes, I played with the hem of my cardigan.

Dylan was the first to speak. "Marianne."

My name left his lips in a way I wasn't used to. It somehow sounded different than how he usually said it. I didn't like it.

"What's up? And why are you guys all cooped up in here for?" I asked curiously, my eyes darting back and forth between the four of them.

They all immediately looked back at the computer screen, staring at it once again without giving me an answer. Claire looked back up at me and pointed her finger at the screen. Without saying a word, she turned her head once more and became focused on the screen and the screen alone.

Alright, that's it. I swear to god if this is one of those stupid vines, I will pull this sorry excuse for a computer from its wires and throw it into a wall. Or maybe it's some sort of voodoo or witchcraft because they look totally hooked on whatever it is. Do I want to end up like them?

Finally, I, myself, was also standing behind the desk, in front of the computer. When I figured out what they were watching this whole time, I turned around and glared at them.

"Seriously?" I tried so hard not to let the laugh that was building inside of me out. "A fashion show?"

"Ssshhhhh."
"Wait."
"You'll see."

I turned back to the screen and watched male models walk up and down the runway, with the most serious looks on their faces.

What am I waiting for again?

Only seconds later, my question was answered. Not verbally, no but what I saw next was something I wouldn't have expected in a million years.

A model was at the edge of the runway, posing for the cameras as the next one made his entrance. The camera was still focused on the first guy but as soon as he turned to walk back, it zoomed in on the second model's face.

Thomas?

----------

A/N:

Huh?

Fun fact: I finished writing this chapter and published it at 1:47am on my birthday *cheesy grin*

19th of February: I was 19... 20th of February: I'm 20!!!! I will never get over how cool that is lol.

Dedicated to staaaaaahhhhhp

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------