He Likes You (2)

"What?" James angrily whispered.

"You have been horrible all night!" I exclaimed, not caring that everyone was staring, "You ignore me for hours; insult all my friends; only start talking to me when Mark turns up and I'm sorry but I DON'T LIKE PINK! I never have!"

"So what your going to dump me cause I don't know your favourite colour?"

"No." James looked confused.

"I'm leaving you cause your a dick." I heard Mark snigger from behind me, "So before you ruin my birthday any more, I would like it if you left." James just stared at me, his eyes dark and filled with hate. Suddenly, he stepped forwards, his fists clenched. Mark jumped out in front of me, his hand firmly pushing against James' chest.

"Dude. Just go." He said very calmly and strongly. James silently looked at Mark for a second before turning and pushing his way through the crowd. The room followed him as he stomped to the door and slammed it shut. Everyone then turned their head to Mark and I in the middle of the room. They were quiet.
Suddenly, from the other side of the room my best friend shouted, "'bout fucking time! What a dick bag." There was a murmuring of laughter and agreement from the room and I looked at Mark who was laughing too.

"Well what are we standing around here for? Let's part-AY" Mark yelled and the music blasted back on. Everyone, turned and began dancing again, as if nothing had happened at all. Mark faced me and grinned.

"You OK?" He shouted over the music upon seeing my flustered face.

"Yeah!" I shouted back, "Just.. Just glad I'm finally free of him I guess." Mark grinned again and took my hands.

"Well come on then! Dance with me!" Mark began wiggling his hips and I laughed at his dorky-ness. He pulled my hands until I gave in and danced with him.

"Hehe. Your such a dork." I laughed.

"That's why you like me!" Mark smugly smiled making me blush.

"Shut up." I murmured. Mark chuckled and pulled me closer. He studied my face and slowly slipped his hand under my chin. He pulled my face closer to his and paused when our lips were inches from each other. I feel my heart pounding in my head as his dark eyes gazed into mine until finally, he closed the gap and pushed his softly lips against mine. The party continued around us but it felt like everything had disappeared and there was just Mark and me. His other hand wrapped around my waist pulling me closer and I slid my hands to his neck and leant farther into the kiss. Gently, I felt Mark open his lips slightly and so did I in response. Our kiss deepened as Marks hand ran from my chin to the back of my head where his fingers gripped my hair. I felt the roughness of his scraggly beard graze against my skin and his hand tighten its grip on my waist.
Slowly, he broke away and rested his head against mine. My eyes opened and stared into his for a moment. He smiled and I giggled softly.
"Happy Birthday." He whispered.

Heya guys!
We just got to 5k reads! Ahhhh. Thank you so much for all your votes and lovely comments. I love this book! Ok I'm keep writing and stuff YAAAAAAAY