Bonus Chapter 1: Colors Of The Rainbow

~I thought I could love no more, one too many times before~

Kiyomi's POV

Almost Valentine's Day. The holiday that you either love or hate. Depending on your relationship status, and your love of candy. Because, like me, you can be single, but love the holiday simply because of the amount of candy that's on sale. The only reason I like it, actually.

'Same here, actually,' Fenrir commented. We were out strolling in Konoha, browsing the various stores in search of some elusive candy. 'I may not be able to eat the candy myself, but I can taste it through you!'

I smirked a little, then frowned as a thought struck me. 'Wait. Fen, have you ever been in a relationship?'

'... I'm a centuries-old chakra beast with the form of a wolf, and I was hiding in the mountains up until about thirteen years ago. When in the world would I have time for a relationship?'

'Fair point.'

'Now, we need to find some candy. And not just chocolate. Where are all the gummies? And the sour stuff?' If you can't tell, that's the kind of candy Fenrir likes. Sour gummies. They're pretty good, but I prefer plain gummy candy instead. The sour makes my mouth hurt after a while.

Fen and I had just entered our third candy shop of the day when a panting Naruto ran up behind me, grabbed my shoulder, and steered me straight out of the store.

"Naruto...?"

"No time to explain, Kiya-chan! We've gotta go!"

"Wait, go where?"

"To the place!"

Seeing as Naruto was determined to be as unhelpful as possible, I shut up and started to match the blond's pace. We ran through the streets, luckily not hitting anybody. But a few people smiled as they saw us pass, which made me groan. They were getting totally the wrong impression.

Naruto finally began to slow as we approached one of the housing areas. It was one of the older ones, and not quite as inhabited as the others. He skidded to a stop in front of this one house that seemed to be uninhabited, and walked casually up to the door.

"Naruto... why are we here?" I asked yet again. But my only answer was a grin, and then my teammate opened the door and led me inside.

It was clean inside, but obvious that nobody lived here. There were no decorations, and very little furniture. But I could hear the sounds of voices from nearby, so there was obviously someone home.

"Hey guys! I got her!" Naruto announced, stepping into the living room. I followed behind, and was greeted with the sight and sounds of the rest of the genin in Konoha. Literally all of them, not including Akamaru and Shiki. But including the Sand Siblings. Why were they here?

"It's about time!" Sakura scolded. "I was just about to send someone out looking for you!"

Naruto grinned sheepishly, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, she wasn't exactly easy to find...."

"No matter," Ino said, pointing at a spot on the floor. "Kiyomi, sit down. We're just waiting on two more people, and then we'll get started."

I stared at the spot for a moment, then shrugged and sat down. All the genin had formed a circle, and I could see that Sakura and Ino (who I'm assuming planned all this) had managed to get even Sasuke and Neji to come to this little thing. Not sure how they managed that.

I was sitting between Kaizen and Kouta, and I glanced at the oldest of the Sand Siblings before starting a conversation. "How'd they manage to get you guys here from Suna?" I asked in a whisper, still confused about their presence.