Chapter 3

Matt's POV

Who was this Dr. Adam, and who was the person they were talking about?

I wanted to know, it was eating at me but I knew this wasn't the right time to ask those questions. She looked a little tense since the phone call, so I kept quiet. I would bring up that conversation when she relaxed.

When we got to my apartment. I went to open the door for her but she was out before I reached it. I walked beside Anna, leading her to the elevator. We got in the elevator and she glanced at me before she focused on the door.

I was unable to take my gaze off her. She was a mystery to me. A puzzle I haven't figured out, yet. Her hair had dried a bit but I was still worried she would catch a cold. All I wanted to do was reach out and put my fingers in her hair, to see if it was as silky as it looked. She is the first woman who has ever made me feel this way. Ever.

The elevator dinged and stopped at the penthouse. I let her leave the elevator first, and then I followed. She came to a stop when she came to the open living space.

I stopped behind her,
"Welcome to my apartment," I said and gave her a second to take in her new environment.

"C'mon." I said and led her towards the terrace.

Martha, my housekeeper and cook, had set up the place like I'd asked her to. Even better than I had imagined. I walked her to the table and pulled out her chair.

"Thank you." She said as she sat down.

I walked around her and sat in the chair across from her.

Anna's POV

His apartment was beyond words. I had been to luxurious places but his place was just unexpected. I never really liked flashy colours, so the dark colours of his apartment were one of the reasons I liked his place.

"Your apartment's really nice," I said after he was seated.

"Thank you" his face didn't give away any of his emotions "Hungry?"

"Starving," I said

"Good" He smiled, "Martha" he called out,

A lady came with two plates. She put one in front of me and another in front of Matt.
"Thank you," I said to her

"You're welcome, dear" she smiled at me and left,

I looked at Matt with a questioning look,

"My housekeeper and cook."

"She seems really nice."

He nodded
"Shall we?"

I nodded because I was too hungry to delay our dinner. The food looked delicious. It reminded me of the last time I ate my mum's cooking which was at the start of the year.

Pizza doesn't count.

I put a spoonful in my mouth and it was pure bliss. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Any problem?" I opened my eyes to a staring Matt

"No. This is amazing. Your cook, hmm, Martha. She's great."

"I know"

"Of course you do. You wouldn't hire anyone less"

He smiled.

I got back to my food. I could feel his gaze bore a hole into my skin.
"So, tell me something about you."

He looked at me for a few moments,
"I was orphaned at a young age."