Chapter 18- Bite Me

The next few days went by uneventfully. The wedding was tomorrow. I was sitting with Bran in the den. We decided to leave after the wedding. Jojen and Meera were arriving tonight so we decided to wait up for them. I stroked Bran's hair and face which was asleep in my lap. He was limp. Summer laid on his lifeless legs and panted. We were quite excited to leave. We slowly have been gathering food portions like bread and cheese and nuts. Meera and Jojen from what we could tell, loved the idea. Osha knew about it but didn't like it. She still stayed loyal to us though and didn't tell Ned or Cat. I gently pulled back the warm leather that covered Bran's neck. The red marks I left were fading. But the new ones were bright as ever. I brushed my fingers over them and gazed into Bran's peaceful face. I traced the cut on his lip and the one on the side of his neck. Hodor was carrying him the other day. We didn't know it was going to storm until we heard the thunder. Hodor freaked out and dropped Bran onto the yard floor and he got a few cuts and bruises. Hodor was afraid to be around Bran for a while after that because he'd dropped him. Bran didn't yell at him or anything though.
He winced in his sleep and made a sort of moaning sound. Had i hurt him? I ran my hand through his hair and gently pulled on it. It was about mid-night. I wondered who, if anyone, was awake. Suddenly Bran tensed up and gripped the rug. He whimpered and muttered "don't..don..." I stared down at him. He gasps and sits upright, panting. He closes his mouth and frowns. He looks distressed. He turns towards me. "Oh..sorry." "What were you dreaming about?" "Some man. He has Jojen and Meera tied up. My brother Jon was there. He had a knife to my throat. I don't know why or what we were there for. How he found us. Why Jon was there..Hodor was there though." I steal a glance to his sleeping form by the fire. Summer sniffs Bran's shoulder and nuzzles him. "I didn't see Summer." He strokes his direwolf lovingly. "You're a good boy." Summer lays down close to Bran. "we're you asleep?" "No. I was still awake. Waiting for Jojen and Meera." "They're close." I wrap my arms around Bran. He looks at me surprised. I only smile. He leans his head on mine for a moment. I smile and pull away. He blinks a few times and gazes into the fire. So far there hasn't been any snowstorms more major than the ones that are regular occurrences for Winterfell. Bran drags himself next to me and leans against me. I don't react but inside im happy to have him so close. Summer pulls himself over and lays on Bran's legs. We hear neighing and look up. Right outside we hear a girl's voice. "Calm down what do you take is for? Assassins?? Don't you remember us bringing our prince back safely?" "Im sorry my lady." She groans. We hear steps down the hall. Two forms walk towards us. They step into the room, into the light. "Bran!" Meera says. She walks over and kneels down hugging him. "I missed you my prince." He smiles and hugs her back. "Hello y/n. You're going to marry Bran aren't you?" "You would know Jojen." He smiles and walks over to Bran and I. "I've seen things." "Like?" Bran asks. "What you two will do." I blush. "What are you talking about." "You know what im talking about. Anyways, I can't see that far..but your wedding will be the day of winter's fall. Im not sure how things will end out but everyone will be safe." "Will we be able to leave?" Bran asks worriedly. "Yes. You won't be marred for a couple months at the least Id imagine. Winter isn't that close by. You're fine." Meera smiles at me. "The girl he always used to talk about." I blush. Bran blushes too. "Isn't she lovely??" "Yah Bran she is." Meera laughs. Bran looks to me adoringly. I smile happily. Jojen smiles. Meera sets down a dagger and pets Summer. "Ey Summer how've you been boy?" Summer grumbles and leans his head in her lap. "How was your trip." "Boring." Meera grumbles. "Uneventful. A walk through nothing." "Will you stay?" "Id much rather stay here I can tell you that." She smiles and looks to Jojen. "We probably will." He leans against the sofa, sitting next to me. Meera sits next to Bran and yawns. "Does your parents know we're here?" "No. No one does." She stares at him. "Wow Bran." "Sorry." She chuckles. "So must I attend this wedding." "Yes." "I don't like dresses." "Just one day you can handle!" "Perhaps..not.." "Come on." "Why must I?" "Because it's a wedding!" "And you can just wear a nice cloak and your tunic and be fine!" "So? You're a girl." "I don't normally wear dresses so must i now??" "Probably Meera." She growls to herself. "Has he communicated with you any?" Jojen asks. "Some. Not much." Bran looks up at Jojen. "That's not a bad thing." "I suppose." Meera steps back with her brother. "Well isn't this the pretty picture?" she smirks watching us. "You don't look bad together. Just like that." Bran smiles. He seemed happier when these guys were around.