Colony Higher-ups

Name: Lan Nguyen

Gender: Female

Age: 54

Position: Captain

Nation of Origin: United States

Appearance: Captain Nguyen stands at 162 centimeters. She is of average build and has a decided tendency to dress conservatively. She is of Vietnamese descent, and has aged relatively well. Her features are lined and sharp, and she keeps her hair cut short and easily manageable.

Personality: Lan Nguyen did not get to be captain of the first interstellar vessel in human history by coasting through life. She is highly intelligent, with a force of will that impressed the US Air Force enough to earn her the position of Brigadier General in record time. She has worked closely with world spacefaring agencies in the development of the Ark, proving a level of impartiality and diplomacy that can rarely be found in the upper echelons of any military. When offered the position of Captain, she abandoned her previous rank without a second thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Hai Chen

Gender: Male

Age: 47

Position: Governor

Nation of Origin: China

Appearance: Hai Chen is approximately 178 centimeters tall. His appearance is a tool as much as anything else about him- every aspect of his appearance is carefully maintained to create the image of  refinement, control, and authority. He is handsome in a mild, unaggressive way that is specifically designed to allow others to relax around him. 

Personality: Chen is the politician's politician: though not necessarily malevolent, his mind is decidedly Machiavellian. He has a clear idea of the goals he desires, and he is capable of unusually subtle machinations to accomplish them. His talents served him well as committee secretary of Qinghai province, which experienced a period of remarkable prosperity under his direction- though detractors point out the strange absence of his political opponents. Sadly, the same is not true of his current critic, Dr. Moriz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Thalita Moriz

Gender: Female

Age: 49

Position: Chief Environmental Analyst

Nation of Origin: Brazil

Appearance: Thalita has always been a bit scattered, inside and out. Her hair, deep brown and frizzy, is normally barely contained in its ponytail, and her normal choice of clothing might be very generously termed "eclectic." She stands at 170 centimeters tall. Her face is neither attractive nor unattractive, a state she considers more useful than either extreme. 

Personality: It is a source of constant astonishment to her colleagues that someone as unorganized as Thalita could produce such impressive work. An inarguably brilliant biologist, she earned her PhD at the age of twenty-four by studying the structure of the Amazonian ecosystem of her home. Unfortunately, a potent combination of disdain for propriety, disregard for the property of others, and fiery temper over oddly specific topics render her unreliable as a team member. She possesses a love/hate relationship with Governor Chen, with a particular emphasis on the "hate" aspect.